Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Mr. no SA

Hey Slim,
I was one of the big Avolar posters - I did post what I heard from ground zero about 5 posts ago. I hope you feel good gloating about the latest news. Being that me (and my family, including my 3 year old) gets to probaby get "furloughed" AGAIN within 5 months of my LAST furlough - thank you so much for your "kind thoughts". I can't believe you have a military background - thought you would have more class than that. Even though you obviously have no heart and enjoy gloating over others misfortunes, I still hope you never have to live through a furlough.

Chocks

Slim,
Dude you can be such a tool!! Seems on every thread you manage to piss someone off. Don't know if comes from having to interface w/ your electric jet for so long but us guys from the crew concept world think your really becoming quite a flamer.
Sorry man but I call 'em like I see 'em.

Chocks,
Keep the faith bubba! I know it sucks but what else are ya gonna do. PM me and we can talk about bouncing in the trap.

Rice

:cool:

Hey Slim,

I'm like Chocks, a brother both at Avolar and furloughed United. I'm one of those Avolar pilots that posted once in the past about Avolar. At the time, I was looking for info about the face-to-face interview process. I got some and was offered a job. Here I am.

Speaking for the rest of us pilots here, no, we don't take this press release as particularly good news. We all love our work here in the aviation world. But we are also very frustrated in our "luck" of being on the wrong side of the corporate ax. Along with me, the other 4 in my new hire class have been furloughed or downsized out of a beloved job we are all very qualified to hold. Exile is no fun, pal.

If Avolar rides off into the sunset, at least all of us will have been through something like that before. But we don't need any more practice. And we're not intoxicated by drinking too much Avolar company Kool-Aid; we're merely sensible and realistic.

That being said, your last post on this thread really does come across smacking of arrogance and gloating. Understand this: we here at Avolar were (and still are) very proud of the possibilities and promise that Avolar holds for the fractional industry as a whole, and for our personal careers in particular. We all have families and bills to pay. We have a vested interest in hoping Avolar survives.

As you infer us of "burning our bridges" or "ruin(ing our) credibility," I don't think that's an issue. I'm certainly not afraid to stand up for what I feel strongly about, and neither are any of my fellow pilots here. We're all **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** well qualified to fly for Avolar and many other companies. But only if we wish to cough up our recall rights at the airlines that furloughed us--not likely. We all hope to find furthur employment if we have to. Personally, I don't think we will have much problem here.

Oh yeah, one more thing: Executive Jet Aviation doesn't want me--they already told me so with a form letter after I applied last November. I do appreciate the two hard earned type ratings I earned for them, along with the 18 months of service I put in there 5 years ago. Ask around about having a "scarlet letter" on your forehead with a furlough notice in your pocket. It sucks, dude.

Again though, if we get tossed out in the street through no fault of our own we will each individually survive. Like a prudent pilot, all of us at Avolar hope for a smooth trip, but have alternates in mind--just in case. I wish you, your family and my good friends at the other fractionals smooth skies. Here's a pirep for you; it's bumpy where I am. And it might get bumpy where you are.

Chocks,

I feel your pain - I was furloughed twice over a 2 month period (Midway & Bombardier Flexjet just 4 days after getting typed in the LR45) and it certinally does suck. For the guys/gals that have never been in this posion they will never understand how hard that 2nd furlough is, much less the first one.

I think sometimes people seem to forget that we are still all brothers among a very small community. I wish you and all the Avolar guys the best of luck in your future endevors.

Respectfully

To be competitive in the FRAX business, there are 4 or so key elements.

1. Buying the aircraft right. EJA utlized large orders and strong financing to buy the aircraft right.

2. Maintenance cost, EJA negotiated tremendous support deals along with the aircraft.

3. Crew training -- same thing, a large training requirement equalled a good deal. Same owner with FS did not hurt.

4. Size,,, equals reduction of dead head cost structure and other problems.

Without that giant financing and purchase power, you are just another jet management company

Best wishes Gentlemen and Women!

I hear a little of what all of you are saying, shy of Slim - he is out of CG. Anyway - I hope for the best for all of you at Avolar - sounded like such a great opportunity!!! I had my stuff in there hoping to taste the KoolAid - but EJA called me first. I wish you all the best and if I can help at all - send me a private message. I start GS in April and SIM in May on the Falcon 2000. From one aviation brother to another - I feel your pains! HF

Lets hang in there folks...

Greetings to all...Well, where to start!?!?!?!?
Slim177, GET A LIFE Pal!!!...and get off your military(sorry chocks),arrogant soapbox!!! We are proud to be here at A+, and alot of hope to here a year from now, saying "remember the days" when everything was so F'ed up, and are'nt we proud of it now!!!! It may not happen..am I pesimistic? Nope..Just realistic!! I'm furloughed from Midway, and 4 other regionals in the last 12 years..Yea, it's getting old, and so am I.

We are trying our darnest to keep a stiff upper lip, and we all want to succeed. We arent living a nightmare, we're just trying to live a dream, and prosper. So get off our backs, and crawl away!!

I guess I should change my profile, and list all the variants of the Cessna 152/172', I have flown to keep up with "Slim Jim"?

Keep the faith, Brothers/Sisters....it's out of our hands...Time will tell.....Ciao for now....

AAvolar

Hey Slim, sounds like your name is being changed to "Slime".
I'm sure slim meant no harm. He's just a dumbsh!t in the people department.
Avolar people, don't dispair. I've seen a couple of posts from guys saying they are furloughed from a major (probably United), and worried about being furloughed from Avolar.
I wish I was furloughed from United! My buddy is. He called me saying how his life was in shambles, and he had 800 hours in the 767, and so on and so forth. Get a grip!
Here let me cry on your shoulder, I left the military as an instructor, got screwed by my number one choice of major airline ( I think I just flew like crap, my buddies all say I got screwed by the system) Now no major will give me the time of day (this is pre-911 era).I'm an F.O. at a company that has not upgraded anybody in almost a year, with no upgrade in sight.
I have applied to Avolar, and will accept a job if offered. "Ya rolls the dice, ya takes your chances!"
I know it's tough folks, but at least your flying under the banner as being a winner. I'm out there slogging along under the banner of being a loser. I was feeling pretty sorry for myself about 2 days before thanksgiving of 99. Then I got an e-mail, Huey crashed killing 3 of the four on board. Three widows, three families without daddies. I have much to be thankfull for
You will all emerge stronger from this, and nobody can say you haven't paid your dues. Good luck, sorry if I offended anyone.

Time to come together

Hey Guys:

I think that Avolar will stick around, and I think we all have feel for our brothers at Avolar. I hope that they ll pull out of this. I wish I can offer more than ths at this time, but things r not so great where I fly right now. time to help if u can......

All the best,

Keeping it real, in the field...

Well,
Now that I think about it, Slim does need some people skills, and like "Goose", said about "Iceman", maybe "SlimJim" was an abused child?.....Oh well, enough of the bashing on our F-16 expert....Everyone at HQ is telling us that things are staying on track, so were just holding our breath on the outcome.

I would hate apply for Unemployment AGAIN!!! But, if I have to so be it....until then, we will do our best to overcome our problems, and do the best job we can....G-Man...

Latest resources

Back