Starting my own SWA carrier!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Avoiding,

You are correct, the new "re-apply" date is 12 months after your latest interview. Southwest realizes that on any given day one may not have one's "A" game on for doing the interviews & in order to give folks an opportunity to give it another try without having to wait an inordinate amount of time, the new 1 yr restriction replaced the other 2 yr window that had been the practice. That 2 yrs had been from when one applied vs. when one interviews. Realizing that one doesn't get a call for an interview immediately upon applying, the wait for an actual interview will obviously resuult in at least some amount of time over a 1 year to actually get back in the batting cage & try it again. Hope that clears that up.

getonit said:
bozt45,
how did you get the call with only 2100 hours? I am jealous and assuming you don't update your info on your avatar (like me?)
Probably because most of his time is PIC turbine in high performance a/c.

Hey Boz,

How about calling one of the many dudes at Memphis with T45 experience and pushing to try FedEx? Its different than SWA, but I think its a great place to work!

Albie

Boz,

I agree with Albie. Plus, if you really want to, you can always reapply to SWA. Plenty of military guys at Fedex and they are starting to hire again. Good luck.

I Feel Your Pain but . . .

Boz,
Count me in as one of your pilots. :) In many threads, SWA interviewing/hiring practices have come under fire . . . I mean discussion. :D It works for them, OK, it works great for them. They are a fantastic company, and one I still want to be part of. No sour grapes, I just missed the boat (or plane) that day. :( Some people in SWA even go so far to admit they miss out on some good people, but as for me, my next app will go in June 24, 2005. And then when / if I get that next interview, I'll be that much wiser, and relaxed -- hopefully.

The sun will still come up tomorrow . . . pretty sure of that.

Chase . . . keep the words of wisdom coming . . . yours is a voice of reason in these times.
Fly safe!

Count me in, you have a dispatcher!!:)

I think between dispatch121 and myself we can get the flight control side of things up and running....we can work on the ops specs later :) ..hehe.....we dont need no stinking papers.....

Hey keep your chin up, learn what you can do better next time and apply with Spirit and Airtran, who knows...

I certainly have been through the gambit of carrier interviews, I'm still looking for my home carrier.....

chase said:
Avoiding,

You are correct, the new "re-apply" date is 12 months after your latest interview. Southwest realizes that on any given day one may not have one's "A" game on for doing the interviews & in order to give folks an opportunity to give it another try without having to wait an inordinate amount of time, the new 1 yr restriction replaced the other 2 yr window that had been the practice. That 2 yrs had been from when one applied vs. when one interviews. Realizing that one doesn't get a call for an interview immediately upon applying, the wait for an actual interview will obviously resuult in at least some amount of time over a 1 year to actually get back in the batting cage & try it again. Hope that clears that up.
Chase, .....Even though I hope I don't need another year.....This is good news. Thanks for the correction.

enigma

Did someone say ops specs????

I think between dispatch121 and myself we can get the flight control side of things up and running....we can work on the ops specs later :) ..hehe.....we dont need no stinking papers.....
<evil grin> I always wanted to write my own ops specs! Wonder if we can find a POI who will sign off our...ahem... manuals!? ;) (Won't we be havin' sum fun!)

Latest resources

Back