Starting my own SWA carrier!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SWAnnabee

This is a job announcement for all those wishing to work at SWA but havent gotten the chance yet.
I recently(Saturday) received the dreaded letter from SWA. Rather than break down in heartache, lie down on a darkened room, and drink myself into a drunken stupor, I have decided upon a course of action.
I am hereby notifying all those who have also tried for a position at SWA that we are going to work for SWA ANYWAY! I figure, if we all pool our resources, we could purchase an aircrarft, (Good prices on Ebay), get it painted in SWA colors and logos(I have a Porter Cable compressor and spray gun in my garage), purchase some SWA polo shirts(sold on their website) and start flying as SWA pilots! We couold be like the guy in the Wendy's commercials that everyone asks if he works for the company and he responds, "Well, not OFFICIALLY."
I nominate myself as Chairman. Any takers please respond to this thread and post any ideas. Here's another idea. I can get a great deal on salted peanuts at the local Sam's Club. C'mon folks, we can do this while waiting for another try for some LUV.
See you all back in Dallas next year for another try. Congrtats to all those who made it.

Boz

Sorry to hear you didn't get an offer Boz.

I think your plan will work. Mention quick up-grades to captain and you'll be able to pay your pilots with those salted peanuts from Sam's. It's worked for JB.

bozt45,
how did you get the call with only 2100 hours? I am jealous and assuming you don't update your info on your avatar (like me?)

Sorry to hear about the turndown. Judging from your post they didn't reject you for not having a sense of humor. Hope you get another shot. I know of guys that got on the second time around.

dispatcher121 said:
I have a friend that got "picked up" with SWA on his fifth try. He always tells me, "Never give up on your dreams. If I can do it you can do it".

Don't give up!
He must have been trying back when you could interview every twelve months. Starting about four or five years ago, they changed that policy. Now you have to wait two years from the first, and you can't try the third time until five years from the first attempt. Ask me how I know:)

enigma

"If at first you don't succeed, try again!"

RichardFitzwell said:
Mention quick up-grades to captain and you'll be able to pay your pilots with those salted peanuts from Sam's.
I prefer the unsalted ones. The salted ones make me choke. ;)

He must have been trying back when you could interview every twelve months.
Yup....and he's a happy flying Shamu and Miss Texas! ;)
He also has one of the BEST IOE stories I've heard thus far!

Enigma, this may be a stupid question but I thought I had read a post by chase that you could reapply after 12 months from your original interview date. Did I read it wrong or has SWA changed their policy again?

PS, boltz sorry to here that you were turn down I'll start an airline with you. Do you think Boeing will take a check for me?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back