Stall speed on big airliners?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And

... atless than 40 hours in a Cherokee you would like to knows this because? Try figuring it out on your FS simulator and get back to us.

I smell muslim poon.

aeronautic1 said:
... atless than 40 hours in a Cherokee you would like to knows this because? Try figuring it out on your FS simulator and get back to us.

I smell muslim poon.

I was just interested in getting some perspective. I apologize if that is unacceptable to you. I did in fact try it out in FS, and apparently the 747 stalled at 200KIAS. Is this valid??? Maybe someone a little less moronic than yourself can answer the simple question.

UnAnswerd said:
I was just interested in getting some perspective. I apologize if that is unacceptable to you. I did in fact try it out in FS, and apparently the 747 stalled at 200KIAS. Is this valid??? Maybe someone a little less moronic than yourself can answer the simple question.

At what altitude? Flap setting? Bank angle? There are quite a few factors that go into determine the stall speed of an aircraft (note I said stall speed and not stall angle of attack).

If I'm not mistaken, the CRJ can get into stick shaker events around 300 kts way up in the atmosphere.

DGdaPilot said:
At what altitude? Flap setting? Bank angle? There are quite a few factors that go into determine the stall speed of an aircraft (note I said stall speed and not stall angle of attack).

If I'm not mistaken, the CRJ can get into stick shaker events around 300 kts way up in the atmosphere.

Straight and level, at only 6,000'MSL. No flaps.

It should've occurred to me that altitude would also be a factor. However, the fact that the trainers I’ve been exposed to cannot even get past 15,000', precluded my inclusion of the altitude factor. At least I know better now...

And the only good muslim poon...is dead muslim poon.

I can believe that it might be near 200 KIAS at max weight, clean config. You might be very surprised how much the high lift devices lower the stalling speed for a particular weight. If it as an accurate EFIS on your sim program, the stall speed should be where the red tape starts on the bottom of the airspeed tape. If there is a manual for the airplane somwhere in there, find "VREF" for the highest weight listed with clean wing-(0flaps, 0slats). vref = 1.3 vs.

aeronautic1 said:

You guys are such nerds. What bank angle blah blah.

The guy asked a simple question. Can noone give him a simple answer?? This is flight INFO isn't it.

KingairRick....disregard. These guys forgot what it was like to solo, or sit on the ground and look up at what many of us do as exciting and distant. I had questions like this too. The people who answered them didn't ridicule me when they answered either.

Asses.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back