• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SPS Night Life?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
http://www.burrusspta.org/thud.html Play the Robin Olds Farewell link. Nice clip on one of the great ones who left us a couple years ago with very little media coverage. Too bad he wasn't selected as an O'Club Club Czar years ago to keep the spirit and attitude. R.I.P. Sir... And speaking of (Not So) great ones. Last week, Chairman "O" denied a request for a flyby at a function in Idaho. Broke a string of 42 years at the event. Not sure if it was an airshow or what, but did have a 'God and Country' theme. Someone from Washington told them it was not approved because it was tooooo Christian in nature. Isn't that something our country was developed around? We are in deeeeeeeep kimchi with these guys.

DUI Nazis aside - I think if we all just followed the sage advice of some of my RAF bros, we'd all be fine:

If you're too drunk to drive, then for God's sake don't do a formation takeoff.

Cheers.

And speaking of (Not So) great ones. Last week, Chairman "O" denied a request for a flyby at a function in Idaho.

You're kidding...right? An airshow flyby gets all the way to the Oval Office for a denial?

Maybe there weren't enough to go around because we had a military flyby here where I live. God and Country were both present and accounted for...and I live in a "red" state

http://www.burrusspta.org/thud.html Play the Robin Olds Farewell link. Nice clip on one of the great ones who left us a couple years ago with very little media coverage. Too bad he wasn't selected as an O'Club Club Czar years ago to keep the spirit and attitude. R.I.P. Sir... And speaking of (Not So) great ones. Last week, Chairman "O" denied a request for a flyby at a function in Idaho. Broke a string of 42 years at the event. Not sure if it was an airshow or what, but did have a 'God and Country' theme. Someone from Washington told them it was not approved because it was tooooo Christian in nature. Isn't that something our country was developed around? We are in deeeeeeeep kimchi with these guys.

Not sure if you are aware, I figure most fighter jocks have seen the email, but a lot of Robin Olds personal effects and memorabilia are being sold by their family to help pay off his estate and debts. Pretty much until he died, he was travelling to O clubs and fighter pilot events just because he loved doing so, and it left him deeply in debt.

"Back in the day", and I'm talking as a mid-80's Navy Training Command instructor that used to take students to "fun clubs", SPS was the "Bomb". If there was a NOTAM that said NDB out, it meant a nurse class was graduating -- SPS had no NDB...

that is awesome!!!

Latest resources

Back