SPS Night Life?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SPS club

"Back in the day", and I'm talking as a mid-80's Navy Training Command instructor that used to take students to "fun clubs", SPS was the "Bomb". If there was a NOTAM that said NDB out, it meant a nurse class was graduating -- SPS had no NDB...

yeah I had thought MIMSO had been moved from Sheppard back in early-mid 90s.

In regards to Olds, one of my friends had been out drinking around Phoenix and Tempe with Olds. Olds loved speaking to graduating classes, and always felt at home with other fighter pilots.

So at the end of the night of a lot of drinks, they are trying to figure how the logistics of getting everyone back on base to avoid getting a DUI at base gate. Olds was incensed about that, that the biggest thread to a fighter pilot was not the enemy, but from ones own Air force from getting DUI getting on base.

So, in his speech, he excoriates the wing/base/USAF leadership for that, and apparently proceded to get banned again from speaking again at Luke. That ban lasted until a new base commander takes over, then repeat cycle about speaking to a class then getting banned again.

Albie..."the DUI Nazis"???? Are you talking about the people who were concerned about military members breaking the law? Or were you talking about the people that were concerned about the problem of drinking and driving? I for one am thankful for the DUI Nazis. Just think of the countless lives (and careers) that have been saved.

Oh I forgot......many of you refuse to move out of the frat house!

Albie..."the DUI Nazis"???? Are you talking about the people who were concerned about military members breaking the law? Or were you talking about the people that were concerned about the problem of drinking and driving? I for one am thankful for the DUI Nazis. Just think of the countless lives (and careers) that have been saved.

Herbivore?

Friggin'
Airlift
Guy

ATTACK!!!!

I am so embarrassed. From the heavy community, my apologies. Everyone has one or two of these hanging around.

Embarrassed?? I pray that you will never have to bury someone because of an idiot who thinks that it is OK to drink and drive because it is the "Squadron" way. I will say it again.....I am glad that the "DUI Nazis" showed up! If you are responsible enough to operate a multi-million dollar aircraft I think you are responsible to have a taxi or a DD!

Embarrassed?? I pray that you will never have to bury someone because of an idiot who thinks that it is OK to drink and drive because it is the "Squadron" way. I will say it again.....I am glad that the "DUI Nazis" showed up! If you are responsible enough to operate a multi-million dollar aircraft I think you are responsible to have a taxi or a DD!

Well that is your opinion but I am not glad they showed up. Most of these "Nazis" could give a crap about drunk drivers...they just care about their careers and in doing so punish all...even those who drink responsibly. I for one am a responsible drinker. If I drink I arrange transportation or get a cab. I don't bang enlisted girls and I don't fight. I don't need some kiss-a$$ "DUI Nazi" treating me like a child and creating draconian rules regarding drinking. Sure there will be problems but I am all for slamming those who drive drunk or seriously misbehave while drinking. Drag them out in front of the herd and shoot them for all I care. Here is my point summed up....if somebody craps their pants don't put everyone in a diaper. From your post, you came across as someone that leads like that. If you are not then my apologies. Maybe we are just having a misunderstanding.

I love how wrapped up people get with DUIs. Especially when you consider that dangerous/defective road construction or design account for more than half of all highway fatalities; more than DUIs/speeding/seatbelts combined.

Latest resources

Back