SPS Night Life?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Diesel-9

Retired guy passing thru Sheppard tomorrow night. Any intel on where to go for a good dinner? Music? MILF's? Any intel will be well appreciated.....

When i lived there, it was Tobys which is pretty much between the university and the mall. Not sure if Wichita Falls nightlife has gotten any better in the 9 years since i left there.

There may be some places in the downtown area for music.

Club...maybe

If there is a new MIMSO (sp? Medical Indoctrination) class starting, the club will be hopping with plenty of wide-eyed nurses looking to find out what the night life is like in the AF.;)

I recently went there to visit airman daughter. All the buz among the airmen was about a one-legged, pole-dancing stripper at one of the local clubs.

Other than that, I did see some MILF's at the Iron Horse Pub downtown.

Toby's had a friendly crowd and enjoyed it. Dufy's was empty from 5-7 p.m. Was a ENJJPT Grad and maybe a dozen showed up after 9. Pretty sad. With the threat of a DUI the club has died. Became a no-smoking place a couple years ago and all the Euro's went downtown. Is also used as a joint club with the NCO's. No more casual bar, no restaurant. AND NO MIMSO Training. It was moved to Lackland. Only 1 jet on the transient ramp. How times have changed. I even brough my own dice cup. Two years ago showed up and no dice cup could be found. Did find it last night after a 20 minute search and it only had 4 dice. I donated my cup and drank for 4 hours for $8.25 before tip. 1 for 5 is pretty sad.

Ohhhh Nooooo!

Sounds grim. Always sad to hear of the untimely death of another once popular XC destination.

Not to sound elitist, but the DUI Nazis started the death of the clubs. The "all ranks" put the nails in the coffins. Nobody wins when young drunk officers and mid-level NCOs with a chip on their shoulder occupy similar space--it can quickly become lose/lose. Ditto that little hottie over there...who turns out is an A1C. More bad juju...

Fighter squadrons started retreating more and more to their own bars once the Clinton administration rolled in...too much political correctness and other issues outside the safety of one's own unit. Its a shame, because those club acts used to be a lot of fun...

Not to sound elitist, but the DUI Nazis started the death of the clubs. The "all ranks" put the nails in the coffins. Nobody wins when young drunk officers and mid-level NCOs with a chip on their shoulder occupy similar space--it can quickly become lose/lose. Ditto that little hottie over there...who turns out is an A1C. More bad juju...

Fighter squadrons started retreating more and more to their own bars once the Clinton administration rolled in...too much political correctness and other issues outside the safety of one's own unit. Its a shame, because those club acts used to be a lot of fun...

You are probably familiar with how Robin Olds got banned from Luke AFB on multiple occasions. It is a good, funny and unfortunate story.

Latest resources

Back