• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirited Pilots Hotline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh yea, "playing by the rules" has gotten this pilot profession a long ways! LOL If management wants to play dirty, then fight fire with fire! There are some of us who are "Spirited" and militant!

I think ALL pilots should stay home one day--like 9/11. We should all band together and stay home for just one day. Employees run the company not mgt.!!

yeah not calling in sick because you think you are going to get an awesome contract ????

Motch if you are here to help than welcome, however encouaging a sickout really wont help us right now. I never said not calling in sick will get a good contract. I was trying to say it might hurt our barging strength. Nobody is more millitant against mangements than me. I have worked for airlines that no longer exist because the pilots tried to hold the line. Maybe when you fly rjs the burn it down mentality works, but when you reach a point when you are with a company you can retire with and fly good equipment to some cool places; it doesn't seem worth picking a fight you cant win in a war that was lost 6 years ago. Something to think about when flying a crj.

BYM, seriously, you are the reason places like Spirit never get a great contract. I am guessing English is your second language based on your grammar. While this might be the greatest job you have ever held, for others we know what this airline is capable of. Please leave the "mine is bigger" snide comments referring to RJ's at the door. Most all of us have been there, and if you have not, then lucky you.

P.S. Being sick is not illegal, and it is not endorsed by our union, show solidarity however you feel, but I know if I could be there for it, I know what decision I would make.

Hey if it comes to a Strike then I am there and will walk the picket line with you. I think we should ask for the the moon and get all we can and give nothing. I just know how bargining works, and I do not need a regional guy or any one else who doesn't work here telling us what and how to do things. You can give me some lessions in english when we picket in FLL you tool. by the way I spent more years than I would like to remember with express or connection on my wings and I don't want to do it again. I see you are military so you may not Know that lifestyle.

Last edited:
I won't be there on September 15th. Thanks to the fact that management has illegally destroyed our contract and the remaining pilots are willing to work over 85 hours a month and have less than four days off between pairings. So a sickout, I could care less. Hopefully management would wake up and realize that we are an asset, not a detriment to their airline.
So to answer your question, I as well as many others in the unemployment line support an "immature" action of a sick out. Good Luck to those still there.

Sorry to hear about your furlough.

However, you might want to back off on the venom toward the pilots who happen to be senior to you. Those pilots are no more willing to work over 85 hours, nor to accept less than four days off than you are to take your furlough. Spitting on those who are left, will not endear you or your furloughed buddies to that group. Doing so will only ensure that they care less about you and your plight.

FWIW, if you have a plan (a legal plan) to stop the companies contract dissection, please let me know.

:)

Was a Regional guy.. not anymore.
Never flew the CRJ.. ERJ145 was my ride.

Would love it if we had the power AND the will to do what they do in Europe. Shut down the place for a day or two every now and then when things don't move forward with management.

At some point, the bean counters in the back offices need to realize that we are not just numbers, we are people. We are the assets of our companies. We are the ones at the pointy end of the plane that make things work. We are the ones with the lives of our passengers entrusted into our hands. Not theirs.

All the best in your strugggles..
Always
Motch

motch nothing in that post was about you after the 1st sentence. it was an answer to boomtard.

Sorry to hear about your furlough.

However, you might want to back off on the venom toward the pilots who happen to be senior to you. Those pilots are no more willing to work over 85 hours, nor to accept less than four days off than you are to take your furlough. Spitting on those who are left, will not endear you or your furloughed buddies to that group. Doing so will only ensure that they care less about you and your plight.

FWIW, if you have a plan (a legal plan) to stop the companies contract dissection, please let me know.

:)

I hardly call that spitting on the senior pilots, I am just stating facts. It is true there are lines above 85 hours, it is true that the lines have less than 4 days off between pairings, it is true that everyone is flying these illegal pairings instead of saying no to management while other pilots are furloughed. What did I say that was not true?

Hey you are right management is violating the contract. However the laws here in the US do not allow us to say since you violated the contract we will to. I would love to be able to have a day strike like in Europe but we can't. So we must keep our heads in the game. Take the high road not pick up open time get all pilots back on the property and get the contract that we deserve. By the way taxi at 9 mph and leaving 9 mins late that is how you make a point.

Latest resources

Back