Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

boomlrd

Getting by
To those interested, I finally found that "illegal" Spirited Pilots Hotline number:

(954) 557-1647

Very interesting

I won't be there on September 15th. Thanks to the fact that management has illegally destroyed our contract and the remaining pilots are willing to work over 85 hours a month and have less than four days off between pairings. So a sickout, I could care less. Hopefully management would wake up and realize that we are an asset, not a detriment to their airline.
So to answer your question, I as well as many others in the unemployment line support an "immature" action of a sick out. Good Luck to those still there.

Last edited:
It will be so awesome when management us for an illegal job action...and an arbitrator throws out our strong case against the company...

Because a few folks think they are doing more for the better good by being "sick"...thanks!

Maybe someone should ask an AA pilot what happened when they did the same thing.

It will be so awesome when management us for an illegal job action...and an arbitrator throws out our strong case against the company...

Because a few folks think they are doing more for the better good by being "sick"...thanks!

Maybe someone should ask an AA pilot what happened when they did the same thing.

Well said.

All anyone has to do is go see a doctor on the day in question.

Headache.. stomach flu.. tired and cant get a good night sleep...

Either way, you are "sick" and went to see a doctor.

I love this hotline, However lets not do anything that screws us out of getting another contract or makes us the bad guys with an arbitratior or the government. Motch why don't you just stick to Continental we can handle our own problems buddy.

All anyone has to do is go see a doctor on the day in question.

Headache.. stomach flu.. tired and cant get a good night sleep...

Either way, you are "sick" and went to see a doctor.
If I have the squirts I'm not going to the doctor...all anyone has to do ever is send in a copy of the back of your 1st class (or any) medical and circle the part that says "operating during known deficiencies is prohibited".

Also going to a Doctor these days really does not prove anything due to HIPAA...all the Doctor can write is Mike Oxlong is under my care.

I would recommend that nobody calls it from a phone in your name or you spouses name or kids name...they can easily subpoena your phone records and guess what if you were "sick" on what ever given day that was in question you just participated in an illegal job action...plus I'd bet my house that Jeff C and his cronies all have recordings of each and every recording.

I'm honestly shocked that our union folks at ALPA and the local have not filed an injunction to stop the message.

Last edited:
Actually.. no reason to go away because it's a free country and free message board (well, after the $10)

You don't want to call in sick, fine.
If you do, even better.
Going to a doctor is best yet.

You're right.. this might be considered an illegal work action. But so what?
At what point did people stop trying to fight to make things better in our country?
Last year the MTA in NYC went on strike.. illegally. The union bosses went to jail. That's what leadership is about.

If ALPA National had stood up and shut the system down after USAir took their pilots pensions away maybe this entire industry would be better off now. Illegal, maybe.
But many things have started off "illegally" in our country's history and have had a positive outcome in the end.

You don't want to hear or read my post, fine. Just put me on your ignore list.

I hope the Spirit pilots hold the line and get a good deal and some type of job security. Everyone within this industry needs that.

Always
Motch

And yes, I'm sticking to CAL.. but just like we had other airline pilots march with us at our Rally's, I will gladly help out other pilots at other carriers if needed.

Latest resources

Back