• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirited Pilots Hotline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hardly call that spitting on the senior pilots, I am just stating facts. It is true there are lines above 85 hours, it is true that the lines have less than 4 days off between pairings, it is true that everyone is flying these illegal pairings instead of saying no to management while other pilots are furloughed. What did I say that was not true?

I sincerely am sorry to hear you are getting furloughed. I am still on board but only by a couple of numbers. I felt the heat.

I am, therefore one of the many who are flying 85 hour lines with less than 4 days off between pairings.
You have no idea how upset I am towards our management. But please tell me what is your idea of "saying no to management".
If I am correct, striking without permission of the government is illegal.
As stated above I "Would love it if we had the power AND the will to do what they do in Europe. Shut down the place for a day or two every now and then when things don't move forward with management."
Striking is completely legal in most European countries.
However we work in the USA, so what do you suggest we do?

...seriously guys! An illegal jobaction (sickout) is probably a very poor choice in this environment, no matter how " spirited " you might feel...would just play into managements hands and annihilate our position during arbitration. Management would love it!
That entire Hotline smells like a setup to me anyway...probably a dumb idea to even call it ...and when it comes to dumb ideas...I'm kind of an expert, that's all folks.

Was a Regional guy.. not anymore.
Never flew the CRJ.. ERJ145 was my ride.

Would love it if we had the power AND the will to do what they do in Europe. Shut down the place for a day or two every now and then when things don't move forward with management.

At some point, the bean counters in the back offices need to realize that we are not just numbers, we are people. We are the assets of our companies. We are the ones at the pointy end of the plane that make things work. We are the ones with the lives of our passengers entrusted into our hands. Not theirs.

All the best in your strugggles..
Always
Motch

Motch... waterskiied with you in RIC for a while, met you a couple times in passing... know you to be a stand up guy..

Always appreciate the support brother

What happened to the hotline? I figured that number would be running in full effect right now considering the latest management proposal contract.

Latest resources

Back