• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did you guys get a contract ?? Last time someone posted anything about Spirit you authorized a strike by 90 some percent, must have missed something.

98% and still no...they have reached some agreements on a few sections but have not touched the pay and scheduling sections.

Mike A. told a recurrent class to plan on the negotiations dragging out through the next year...which seems amazing to me, that if they are planning on that how is that good faith bargaining?

It seems both max duty and max flying will be adjusted depending on the type of flying. In some cases shortened, in others lengthened. Numbers for duty are between 9-13h, for block between 7-11h.

From the: Cleveland Ohio Business News said:
...Instead of 16 hours' duty time, with eight hours off for rest and sleep, the airlines propose that maximum duty time range between nine and 13 hours. The exact amount -- detailed in a table attached to the airlines' letter to the FAA -- would depend on how many legs pilots fly in a shift and the time of day they start work.

At the same time, the airlines want to increase the maximum number of flight hours that pilots are allowed at the controls of the plane - it's now eight. Maximums instead would range from seven to 11 hours per shift, depending on legs flown and start times...

http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2009/09/airlines_want_to_shorten_pilot.html

I am not sure if this will be a good thing or not. If they can max out my flying while minimizing duty, initially I would think that is a good thing. I can reach my target hours in less days, thus we can have more days off. No?

On the other hand most airline contracts already have a limit of 14 hours on duty. If it will only be reduced to 13, for other than regional airplanes that fly a ton of legs a day, that is not much of a gain.

Either way... this is quite complex to figure out but something tells me we are going to get f_ed. Just like we always do.

...thus we can have more days off. No?

According to the head of crew planning, in their perfect world everyone at Spirit would fly 72 hours and have the minimum days off ( I watched him speak the words).

According to the head of crew planning, in their perfect world everyone at Spirit would fly 72 hours and have the minimum days off ( I watched him speak the words).

I don't doubt that. But I in my pref bid days I remember the best I could ever do was bidding minimum schedule, and trying to get days with high block time. The highest block you could find was 7.5h. So in order to get my min 80 or so hours I had to get 11-12 such days if I could. So I could end up with 18-19 days off which has happened a lot once I was senior. If the max block would have been higher like 10, I could have ended up with 22 days off.

Of course that is with pref bidding, and NK does not have that. Still we do have max line values, and the same logic could apply.

I don't want _crapbidding either. Not since they showed us what they can do with the schedules when they took 4 off away. That was just an example.

In the meantime it sounds like you didn't mind flying blocks of 11 hours per duty period. Talking about opening a can of worms..

Latest resources

Back