Spirit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

My buddy just got hired, and he is a Regional capt-he had about 1200-1400 PIC turbine-mostly jet, but some tprop. He has about 4000 TT.

cliff
GRB

Maybe they are being smart and are getting tired of the FO's getting typed and running at the first chance...

Smart would be not typing people day 1. That's like giving a girl your credit card on the first date. No bueno.

Hiring Riddle grads definetly isn't the answer.

I know a bunch of low time FOs (less than 2500TT and 0 PIC) that have gotten hired there. Also know a few high time folks that got rejected. Their plan is simple...hire low time people with little or no PIC time so they have nowhere else to go. Unless they really feel like somebody is going to stay, they aren't going to take high time applicants cause they are the ones that are going to bolt at the first chance. I don't see them changing their hiring practices anytime soon.

Due to the fact that so many Spirit pilots have left for "greener" pastures one of the thoughts is that they are hiring low time FO's because they wont be able to bail. Not sure if this is true, just something I have heard.

Maybe they shouldn't rearrange domiciles around and expect people to just pick up and move.
It is all to save money and reduce costs...hotel costs not being one of those costs since there seem to be just as many DTW, ACY, LGA and SJU overnights for FLL crews...smart, really smart.

I say for anyone wanting to come here save your effort for FedEx or UPS since all we seem to do is red eye turns just like FedEx and UPS but we make 60% less.

Last edited:
It is all to save money and reduce costs...hotel costs not being one of those costs since there seem to be just as many DTW, ACY, LGA and SJU overnights for FLL crews...smart, really smart.

I say for anyone wanting to come here save your effort for FedEx or UPS since all we seem to do is red eye turns just like FedEx and UPS but we make 60% less.

Of course it's to save costs. Just don't expect people to go along with it. As far as those redeyes...for 40K/yr....the riddlebrats can have it.

Latest resources

Back