• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why are they hiring regional Fo's and not people with turbine PIC? Does the place suck that much?quote]

Yes, it sure does. In fact, you should call our CP and ask him that personally. After all, if you're a Captain, he should hire you and all of your buddies you mention on the spot.

If I were you, I'd use that exact verbiage, "Why does Spirit suck that much...?"

Good luck with the job search...

gator

So, why hire only low time, non-type-rated FO-types with no PIC? Critterair is correct. From a management standpoint, they're being smart. How many places are these newhires likely to go if they have no PIC and no other options. It's almost like signing a bond there because they have no other likely opportunities until they've upgraded at Spirit. Rather than hire a guy with a ton of turbine PIC time who may be using the place as a short-term stop on the way to a "major".

I'd bet Spirit's not the only company doing this.

So, why hire only low time, non-type-rated FO-types with no PIC? Critterair is correct. From a management standpoint, they're being smart. How many places are these newhires likely to go if they have no PIC and no other options. It's almost like signing a bond there because they have no other likely opportunities until they've upgraded at Spirit. Rather than hire a guy with a ton of turbine PIC time who may be using the place as a short-term stop on the way to a "major".

I'd bet Spirit's not the only company doing this.

They do hire captains with > 1k PIC. We had 2 in class and they don't even live in any of our bases.

But if you show up in ATL after standing in the Southwest line for 4 hours and tell them you only ever wanted to work at NK, but you live 2 min from ORD, don't want to move and have a 737 type and no clue about where we fly... I guess it won't happen. Same thing: If you are in our cafeteria waiting for your interview and keep talking about how you are looking for something temprary until you get to XY legacy then they will send you home. I don't blame them.

Why are they hiring regional Fo's and not people with turbine PIC? Does the place suck that much? I know a ton of captains who have applied and no call and I see here online guys with no turbine pic what give? Cheap labor?

I can't imagine why they wouldn't hire you with this attitude.

I have 3 types no failed checkrides and 1000 pic turbine. I have applications out maybe I should start a thread over on a few boards where I would like to work. I am ENTITLED to a job. Give me a break. Have some class.

Hey George Dubya good to see you can move over to the LLC board and mange to piss them off too! Go back to PQI and continue to be a tool, where the internet doesn't work and we dont have to deal with YOU!

Folks I know of that went to Spirit after being furloughed never came back.
I met a bunch training for the Bus in MIA, and everyone seemed happy to be there.
It's their ball and their bat, so I'd say the hiring minimums and decisions are up to them. You are on the outside looking in. Do airlines make exceptions to their rules? I think so. I do know one thing, and that is you'll never get a job that you don't apply for.
I'd get rid of the chip on the shoulder before showing up, though. Just my .02

Latest resources

Back