• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit updates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can't say how many they are intending to interview this week, but if it is anything like 2 weeks ago, they will also have some on Wednesday and Thursday.

The big question, though, is how much more HIRING are they planning to in the next few months. We were told (as of 2 weeks ago) that they have authorization to fill 3 classes for now. My interview group (4 of us) filled up the Jan 1st class (3) and one opted for Jan 15th. According to Spirit, they intend to place 8 in a class. SO, if you've been paying attention, that's 7 more spots.

They told our group that these 3 classes are being staffed due to increased aircraft utilization (all-nighters), not additional aircraft. The 5 319s for Nov/Dec only bring them up to the original number of aircraft before the fleet transition. With that said, the additional utilization they mentioned cannot be totally fulfilled by 24 people. Also, who knows Indigo/Oaktree's plan on additional aircraft orders?

There is a cautious optimism around Spirit right now amongst the pilots, flight ops, etc... The transition is done and there seem to be some sharp, experienced people in key roles around the company. Close your eyes, roll the dice and see what happens next!

Best of luck to any of you that may have interviews soon.

gator

Mona Straight and PR NW Coast.....

....you should have checked out the Mona Straight between the Puerto Rico and the DR. Captain Bill's Dive shop from Rinco will take you there. The island of Desecheo and Mona island have some great diving.

Gas Chambers, Shacks and Borriquen Beach are some of the best shore dives I have ever done.

Don't get bent, dude! (and that's not a TWA/AA reference,neither) :):):)

Jeff

Hmm, only been down there once: Long boat ride, shallow dives and not much to see. (Wrong place/spot perhaps?)

Best in my log-book: STX, North Shore.

As for my hometown airline: Spirit...Hope ya kick ass and stay in business.

More interviews this week. monday tuesday wednesday next week also. I heard they have 40 in the pool for future classes and more to come. 2 classes a month at 8 per class. Im the rank and file and this looks good. Soon as some meat gets into the f/0 ranks they can start the captain upgrades. Rumor is 6 planes next year confirmed, but 10 more options if they go with it. Also 8 new destinations overall next year, with beefing up the current schedule regarding the current destinations.

If you want to be at the top of the interview call list, you need to know somewhere here. That way they call HR and pull your application straight from the airapps website. Trust me , that is the way. I called and had 2 guys pulled, and 2 days later they were called for interviews. Recs are highly prized.

good luck!

We all have to hope, its all thats left.

For those of you who have recently interviewed, can you provide any updated information about the interview process? What was you interview day like...Sim ride? Panel interview? Written test? etc...

TIA,
N2F

I Had Heard That Spirit Was Gonna Expand By 40% Starting Next Year.

I Have A Internal Recommendation But I Need To Fly For Another 4 Months To Meet Their Requirements. Anybody Know If They Ll Still Be Hiring In March April?

Spirit Interview

For those that have an upcoming interview:

Start the day with a simple, straight-forward Powerpoint presentation on the company. The written test is a short (20 questions?) mix of write-your-own answer, multiple-choice and true/false. Not complicated if you've been studying the FAR/AIM, Jepp intro, and have a good grasp of 121 ops (decipher a TAF/METAR, standard ILS mins, etc).

There is a fill-in-the-circle personality test. No right/wrong answers; they just want to see what type of personality you have. Relax and try to answer them honestly.

The 4-panel interview board is made up of HR, flight training/standards, an ALPA rep, and an alternate (inflight dept, etc). They'll look over your resume, letters of rec, and logbooks. Each person has their favorite questions: What has been the greatest challenge with your current position? What if a Captain deliberately goes below mins? Something you did you thought the better of later? Why Spirit?

Do your homework on the company. Know the officers. Have a few good relevant questions for them in your back pocket. Show them you know the company and your not in front of them because you thought "flying an Airbus would be cool".

I think the questions they ask are tailored to what they know about the person in front of them. Be yourself and try to relax. There is no "prove to us your worthy" attitude; it is a very personable experience and they just want to get people they think may make a good fit.

Be prepared to defend your weaknesses. If you don't have jet/FMS time, be ready to explain why you think you can make the transition. If you don't have much/any turbine PIC, show you haven't been just "gettin' clearances and yankin' gear". Being steady under a little heat is a good attribute. Be positive and don't downtalk/badmouth your company/fellow employees.

There is no sim eval. They assume if you're there, you're qualified.

The entire process is rather relaxed and positive. It seems that if they like you, they'll hire you. Getting there (to the interview) is the tough part. The best part is you'll know yay or nay the same day.

Good luck to all those awaiting the call. It's a real up-beat time around Spirit and could be a good time to get in.

gator

hired in the pool and pulled out 2 days later

a friend of mine got hired with alittle bit less than 3000 hours but only had 700 turbine. got placed in a pool until he gets 300 hr turbine to meet the 1000 hr turbine requirement
2 days later, he was told that he was pulled out of the pool and he could re apply whenever he d have the 1000 turbine.

does that surprise anyone?

a friend of mine got hired with alittle bit less than 3000 hours but only had 700 turbine. got placed in a pool until he gets 300 hr turbine to meet the 1000 hr turbine requirement
2 days later, he was told that he was pulled out of the pool and he could re apply whenever he d have the 1000 turbine.

does that surprise anyone?

Not really...from what I hear they are looking for candidates that are middle of the road. No one really inexperienced, but they don't want someone with a lot of experience that can leave after six months to a year to go to SWA, Jetblue, CAL, DAL, etc...

Not really...from what I hear they are looking for candidates that are middle of the road. No one really inexperienced, but they don't want someone with a lot of experience that can leave after six months to a year to go to SWA, Jetblue, CAL, DAL, etc...

thanks for the answer. thats what i understood as well.
but my question was about the fact that they took him out of the pool 2 days after he got put in it.

"congratulations you are hired"
2 days later :" sorry we have to take you out of the pool, reaply in 3 months when you have 1000 turbine"

Latest resources

Back