• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit updates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spirit is developing a training program (one of the previous problems) to rival any major airline and support the future.

That's because there is finally some major airline thinking out of the VP Flight Ops office. The major airline thinking methods that this individual is accustomed to may not necessarily be the most user friendly, but the major airline where he came from has a reputation for good training, manuals and procedures. It's (slowly) starting to show.

Five Additional Aircraft

Saw in the news (Atlanta Journal-Constitution, actually) that there will be 5 more 319s on property by the new year...that's some growth! Does anyone have any idea what the future fleet makeup is looking like? All 319s? More 321s? Why the sudden disinterest in this aircraft (possibly lack of range?)

Are they serious about the double-the-size talk, or are these just buzzes to create interest in an IPO?

How is the pay differentiated between the 2 a/c types? I heard it is based on a fleet makeup percentage (hence my interest above)...if so, where does that stand now?

Glad to see some interest in the Spirit posts...my fingers are crossed.

gator

The 5 airplanes that are in the process of delivery (3 on property 2 enroute) will only bring us up to where we were 3 years ago. Granted I am happy to have the planes here finally. As for doubling the fleet....Just like anyone, I'll believe it when I see 70 airplanes on the flow sheet.

As for the pay rate between the 319 an 321, it's a blended payrate that, in my opinion, works very well.

keep 'em in the green

Be careful about that place. I had just interviewed on the 16th of Nov and they interviewed 5 of us and only one got hired.

I didn't get it but, Indigo has bought around 51% and lot is changing everyday about how many pilots they should hire. One day is 10 the next 12 then 1.

They are trying to make more productivity out of the pilots so who knows. Spirit hasn't aggresively grown in a long time. The planes are coming but at what rate and how many pilots needed is in question

Good company, always make money like always don't put your eggs in one basket.

Good luck

23 DTW Based pilots effective 1/1/07

Is this a posting by the company for vacancies in DTW? I'm in the Jan 1 class (we were told 8 of us) and they were mum on bases...all this as of Wednesday (hired/HR processed same day). What's your source? Need to know if I need to bring a coat...

gatorbird

I hear that Spirit was interviewing today. Does anyone know if this was the last batch for 2006?

Latest resources

Back