Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

The_Russian

Low Level Pilot
Whats the deal with this? I heard Spirit is going to hire pilots directly from ERAU with 250 hours or less in their book. Are they looking to destroy the current level of safety at the airline, or are they trying to find guys who will break the contract to benefit the company?

find guys who will break the contract to benefit the company

I've said this before...
ALPA needs to go to Flight Schools and Colleges and talk to the next generation of Airline Pilots.

Hopefully as long as you have Captains with time on the aircraft and something greater than ATP mins sitting in the left seat, safety may not compromised to much... hopefully!!

Always~

That's funny! Have you ever had an emergency??? Things can get pretty busy real quick. Adding fuel to the fire by having an F/O who can only program the computer to go from A to B and nothing else because he has no experience.

Its not new news... this has been going on for at least two months. That was when I spoke with a woman with a fresh multi comm from ERAU that had been offered a position.

That's funny! Have you ever had an emergency??? Things can get pretty busy real quick. Adding fuel to the fire by having an F/O who can only program the computer to go from A to B and nothing else because he has no experience.

Sounds just like the regionals to me. Except I surely did not know how to properly program the computer when I hit the line first.

I think I'll be taking the bus from now on.

Spirit wants cheap labor, nothing more. Any chimp can "program" the Airbus. God help the poor capt that has to deal with an emergency single pilot. It's one thing when the regionals are hiring low timers because they can't find anyone else, but Spirit has plenty of more than qualified applicants.

Whats the deal with this? I heard Spirit is going to hire pilots directly from ERAU with 250 hours or less in their book. Are they looking to destroy the current level of safety at the airline, or are they trying to find guys who will break the contract to benefit the company?

http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/080130/135197.html

Looks like JetBlue is starting some sort of bridge program as well with ERAU, UND, and Cape Air.

JetBlue Announces Aviation University Gateway Program for Pilot Candidates
Wednesday January 30, 10:00 am ET
Airline Partners With Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, University of North Dakota, and Cape Air to Fill Pilot Pipeline
NEW YORK, Jan. 30, 2008 (PRIME NEWSWIRE) -- Award-winning JetBlue Airways (NasdaqGS:JBLU - News) today announces the creation of the Aviation University Gateway, a career-planning and mentoring program designed to identify and recruit talented men and women into the professional pilot ranks. Through rigorous academic training and regional airline experience, the Aviation University Gateway creates a clearly defined career path for aspiring pilots, beginning early in an aviator's college career and culminating in the possibility of a final interview at a major airline.

Latest resources

Back