Spirit TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just wait......

The TA will pass (with 50% + 1 vote) - BUT, you won't be able to find one pilot that voted "YES"......

:rolleyes:

Yes. Yes but it's a Spirit pilot decision and I'm not going to participate in further discussions on the Internet. There's a lot of misinformation on the Internet!

The horrendous "misinformation" that you are hearing is mostly true...SPA was sold down the river by the MEC and ALPA National.

New rumor is that ALPA National wants to keep the NMB Member happy by having us approve this crappy TA, that way the NMB will be more inclined to release other groups.

Aren't we all members of the Union? That's why we agreed to strike. And some FO's get preferential treatment? I love the logic! LOL! Go to a road show!

We agreed to go on strike because our elected reps promised us that the company would cave when faced with an overwhelming strike vote. "A good strike vote will be like giving our negotiators a loaded 357Magnum", remember?

Only an insane man would go on strike in the worst economy in 80 years. Rest assured, most of us voted to strike hoping that our reps were right and we could get a deal without a strike.

You KNOW that's the truth.

The horrendous "misinformation" that you are hearing is mostly true...SPA was sold down the river by the MEC and ALPA National.

New rumor is that ALPA National wants to keep the NMB Member happy by having us approve this crappy TA, that way the NMB will be more inclined to release other groups.

Wait!! Alpa national never has an agenda. :laugh:

Spirit guys and gals thanks for the fight!!!! Do what works best for you and your families and never mind what alpa wants!!!! Until there is a national union, which will never happen because alpa is spineless, our industry will never gain the losses we incurred post 911. Instead of an SOS during the loss of our pensions, pay rates, etc... alpa national was busy voting themselves a new way to be paid so that they would not be affected by the give backs.

Where can I sign up (again)??:puke:

Last edited:
We agreed to go on strike because our elected reps promised us that the company would cave when faced with an overwhelming strike vote. "A good strike vote will be like giving our negotiators a loaded 357Magnum", remember?

Only an insane man would go on strike in the worst economy in 80 years. Rest assured, most of us voted to strike hoping that our reps were right and we could get a deal without a strike.

You KNOW that's the truth.

I have known these guys for 20 years, there is no agenda other than to do the best for the pilot group.

If you don't consider the initial demand of a nearly $40 MM concessionary contract resolving to a $73 MM in improvements any kind of a cave in, you are so without a clue!

Since you have said that it was not necesarry to attend the road shows, obviously you have an agenda and don't care about the truth.

I wish you would then have the chance to have a face to face with someone to talk about it.

But it appears that you don't want to talk to anyone but yoruself!

Let it be known that we are not going on strike again because most of us will not walk again.

I realize that you have had your mind made up before hearing the facts and wish you well. Delta and others are hiring.

For the rest reading this, the pronouncements of the detractors are representative of the minority. It's the same 8 or so people talking among themselves. But there are 400+ in the pilot group.

Anyone attending the road shows would see why this contract vote should pass.

Last edited:
Although I would never encourage you to vote down your TA, I will say that very few people here at AirTran regret voting down our TA. Even guys that voted in favor of it look back and realize that it was absolutely horrendous. We made the right decision, despite the three additional years we've waited for a new contract.

As a TA2 'No' voter, I couldn't agree more.

As a TA2 'No' voter, I couldn't agree more.

Thank you TRS guys for posting on this topic. I hope we can "get what we're worth" I hope you guys do as well. This TA gives away way too much. And the TA compensation at DOS is less than your current compensation. I just don't get it....I keep trying to remind people we are in self-help and not the mediation process. It will not take another 3 years to improve our TA. I hope you guys get that release soon.....

Latest resources

Back