Spirit TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks beetle.

You guys have my admiration for stepping up to the plate for a unified strike. Keep up the good fight, it will never end.

Shrek left for Yoonited because he lives in the mountains and he always wanted to be a U pilot. He didn't complain about Spirit. He didn't leave because of anything about Spirit.

Sorry, everytime I met him all he did was complain about Spirit. That was my experience.

What can you do in 90 days. Scope protection is good. They are having their road show this week so I can't wait to hear what the pilots will complain about. I think it will pass. We will see.

The ONLY way that's possible inside the confines of the RLA is in an 1113(c) filing in bankruptcy.

Unfortunately, that's not exactly true. There is another way for a company to get the courts involved in the Section 6 process: allegations of bad-faith bargaining. The company can go to federal court and claim that the union is negotiating in bad faith, which is a violation of the RLA. The NMB doesn't rule on those things, the courts do. It's entirely possible that a judge would issue a preliminary injunction barring any self-help until after the case can be heard in court, which could delay another strike for quite some time.

Now, with that said, I don't think that's the main concern. There is a far greater likelihood of a PEB than there is of court action. And although everyone here wants to dismiss it, a PEB is not at all out of the question for Spirit. While it's true that the NMB would not recommend a PEB to the White House for Spirit under normal circumstances, a second strike within a few weeks is not normal circumstances, and I think it's quite possible, maybe even likely, that the President would issue a PEB to at least slow things down for another month. Two strikes at the same airline within weeks is very bad for politics.

Beetle007 is Bailman on the Spirit webboard, he is also a member of the union, so take waht he says with a very big grain of salt. He is also a Captain, so he will enjoy the contract much more than most FO's.

here is another way for a company to get the courts involved in the Section 6 process: allegations of bad-faith bargaining. The company can go to federal court and claim that the union is negotiating in bad faith, which is a violation of the RLA. The NMB doesn't rule on those things, the courts do. It's entirely possible that a judge would issue a preliminary injunction barring any self-help until after the case can be heard in court, which could delay another strike for quite some time.

most unfortunately for the company...the odds are not in their favor in this situation, with miss dealings and such for the last year, it has been the cry babies at Spirit who have been bargaining in bad faith not the pilots.

And if Art Lubby is not smart enough to add a "if the TA fails clause in his return to work agreement" f-em and let him deal with the ramifications.

Beetle007 is Bailman on the Spirit webboard, he is also a member of the union, so take waht he says with a very big grain of salt. He is also a Captain, so he will enjoy the contract much more than most FO's.

Aren't we all members of the Union? That's why we agreed to strike. And some FO's get preferential treatment? I love the logic! LOL! Go to a road show!

Latest resources

Back