Spirit Strike VOTE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll ask again...when is the vote?

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I do wish you the best of luck.

If you don't support your local then you don't support yourself.

It really is all about the local. I have seen what excellent, really smart people on the exco and negotiating committees can accomplish by looking after their newest members thereby taking care of everyone.

Take good care of the guys in their first five years and the airline will be a place to make a career not just a job.

I wish you well, a rising tide lifts all boats.

Last edited:
My YES vote is in. Whether you like or dislike our MEC, this is not about that. We need to give them the tools to fight this management's idiotic and insulting proposals. I am hoping for at least and 85% yes vote, maybe we will get lucky and see 90%+. Either way this strike vote sill succeed, so please help support the measure and lets finally get a respectable contract. BTW, Ben B loves to brag about our 4.6 cent CASM, this is well below any other airline out there that pays its pilots much better. We have full flights, this company is rolling in cash. Southwest's CASM is significantly higher yet the pay and benefits are far superior! I hope we shoot for better than Southwest payrates, Spirit can afford it!

SPA ALPA needs to do a much better job of getting this word out

it is hard for the MEC Chair to get the truth out when his own bosses on the MEC are telling something different in the crewrooms. Our Chair knows the truth and is a good guy. He is working for a group of loudmouths on the MEC

We have a STRIKE AUTHORIZATION VOTE in favor of a strike! I am a proud Spirit ALPA member today!
97.55% FOR
2.45% AGAINST
94.85% of the pilot group voted!

Awesome work! Thanks again to our MEC for the continuous communication and hard work!
Now its time to stand up to this management and let ourselves be heard!
Amazing vote results!

We have a STRIKE AUTHORIZATION VOTE in favor of a strike! I am a proud Spirit ALPA member today!
97.55% FOR
2.45% AGAINST
94.85% of the pilot group voted!

Awesome work! Thanks again to our MEC for the continuous communication and hard work!
Now its time to stand up to this management and let ourselves be heard!
Amazing vote results!

Unequivocal results. Well done!

If the mediator offers a Proffer of Arbitration to both parties this signifies the beginning of a potential cooling off period. Usually or always both parties decline the proffer and then he recommends a release to the NMB board. The board then brings the parties together seperatly to inquire as to their demands and then the debate whether a release would assist negotiations. The three member board then votes whether to release the two parties into Super Mediation. Once release into super mediation the 30 day cooling off period begins. At the end of the 30 days they asses whether both parties want to continue to negotiate if so no strike, if they do not then they release both to self help.

I think there a few things in your statement are inaccurate. As you said, the NMB determines when to issue a proffer of abitration. This is normally at the request of the mediator and/or one of the negotiating parties.

However, once the NMB has issued a proffer of arbitration, either party can reject it and everything is automatic from that point forward. Once it is rejected, it automatically starts the 30 day clock (cooling off period) to self help. The mediator will typically "invite" the parties to negotiations during the cooling off period. Once the 30 day clock expires, we are automatically released into self help and the company can impose C9000 and we can go on strike.

My point is that once a proffer of arbitration is issued, everyting from that point forward is automatic and is no longer a decision of the NMB. For example, the NMB never has to approve self help once the proffer of arbitration has been rejected.

Latest resources

Back