• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit Strike VOTE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Time to Stand Up to this POS management. I am voting yes, not just for my personal gains but to raise the bar in this industry. It is not worth working for a company that has no respect for its employees or its passengers. Lets get what we are worth and turn this company around.

I'm all for a good old fashion, southern hillbilly strike.
But you have to realize a couple of things.
1. In the end, that POS management still won't respect you or the passengers.

2. You guys voted in ALPA. The biggest sh*t talkers on the planet. They haven't authorized a strike since Comair management shut the door on the pilots, and the pilots started picketing the next day. I hardly call that a strike.
ALPA is all talk and won't strike. They will come up with an excuse such as "It's not a good idea in this economy" or something like that.

Like I said, I'd love a strike. But don't get too hyped up about it. Those boys at PCL have been waiting to strike since 2007.

I'm all for a good old fashion, southern hillbilly strike.
But you have to realize a couple of things.
1. In the end, that POS management still won't respect you or the passengers.

2. You guys voted in ALPA. The biggest sh*t talkers on the planet. They haven't authorized a strike since Comair management shut the door on the pilots, and the pilots started picketing the next day. I hardly call that a strike.
ALPA is all talk and won't strike. They will come up with an excuse such as "It's not a good idea in this economy" or something like that.

Like I said, I'd love a strike. But don't get too hyped up about it. Those boys at PCL have been waiting to strike since 2007.

I wouldn't be too sure about that...no strike since Comair, true...however, all the more reason for a strike. The mediator has already told both sides he has every intention of releasing us if management keeps coming to the table with a contract worse than our current one.

I am getting more curious which airline union people think we, or anyone else, should have? It's not like there are lots of other choices out there...Teamsters? please...I think we should join a Rail Road union...they seem to have some serious pull.

I wouldn't be too sure about that...no strike since Comair, true...however, all the more reason for a strike. The mediator has already told both sides he has every intention of releasing us if management keeps coming to the table with a contract worse than our current one.

I am getting more curious which airline union people think we, or anyone else, should have? It's not like there are lots of other choices out there...Teamsters? please...I think we should join a Rail Road union...they seem to have some serious pull.

Yep, and they even told the same thing to the PCL guys two years ago. Where are they today? Come on, obviously you believed this guy. You'd believe anyone who blew smoke up your butt. You voted for ALPA, you'd believe anything.

...no strike since Comair, true...however, all the more reason for a strike.

The National Mediation Board released the Polar pilots (ALPA) in 2005 and they went on strike for about half a month. They still ended up with a crappy contract (when comparing the Polar payrates to a similar company like Atlas). Obviously they are merged now and negotiating a joint contract.

Latest resources

Back