Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit starts driving the final nails...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A release at Spirit would lead to total union collapse. We have no procedure in place to support a strike. Our SPSC has been almost completely invisible since the MEC changeover last March.

No strike Authorization vote has been taken. Nothing that could be taken as even a primary preparation has been accomplished.

This could get very ugly.

There is about 125 of us FO's that will be on the street in a month so that the rest of the pilots can be more productive and work more days and more hours, I am ready and militant! So I can tell you that it should get ugly, and we should burn it down! I am doing what I can to rally the troops, if we are the cheapest airline to operate and one of the lowest paid, then how in the hell are we losing so much money? LIES! I say call their bluff! If this place can't operate at our current cost structure, it deserves to be shutdown! Where is my picket sign? Where do we meet? And where is that giant blowup rat? Lets do this!

Self help can mean a lot of things, not just a general strike. You can ratchet the pain level to the company up and down at will. Make 'em burn their money.

It could get ugly...

Self help is a double edged sword.

After 30 days cooling off, it means that the pilot contract is null and void. The company can impose any working conditions and pay rates that they desire.

After 30 days cooling off, it means that the union has the option of going on strike.

It is a dangerous game of chicken during this recession. Once self help is approved, there is no turning back. The 30 day clock starts for our pilot contract to disappear. This is what happened to the mechanics at NWA pre-bankruptcy (in their case the company requested self help). A strike would mean that the furloughed pilots won't be able to collect unemployment or WIA funds (also happened to the NWA mechanics)

...The BOD is directing management to change work rules and degrade QOL. With Jonny O. on the BOD and the state of the industry, it could get very ugly.

I wish the best for Spirit. There are a lot of good people there and it is a good airline.

If this place can't operate at our current cost structure, it deserves to be shutdown! Where is my picket sign? Where do we meet? And where is that giant blowup rat? Lets do this!

This is exactly how we need to treat this place and this industry. Whats the point in working someplace that cant get its S**t straight.

Latest resources

Back