Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit starts driving the final nails...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With $150 oil, the sky MAY IN FACT be falling.

It might indeed be, but not much we can do about that. Not to worry though, I heard from a reliable source, that tomorrow the sun will rise.

Fly the contract! The contract states 4 days off between pairings! Take your 4 days off and do not show up for pairings that start within that timeframe. I am tired of this, stand up for ourselves for christ sake, and please nobody start quoting RLA bullsh!t, if they can violate the contract, then so can we! Sick calls? Shut it down a day, the top seniority is selling out almost 150 pilots to a job loss to increase their lines and lose the 4 days off between pairings. I got nothing to lose now, 3rd furlough, I will do everything in my power to slow things down till my furlough, I mean anything legal of course. I do get tired on those red eyes to Costa Rica, might have to cancel the return flight and stay. Good Luck, I hope a few more get onboard with me!

Oxlong... my plan for flying the contract? I guess I have to bend over and take it because our tough talking Union agreed to throw out at least two important provisions of our CBA. Flying the contract now means flying these new terms. Hopefully H in planning was not well informed. If he was wrong then I'll be calling in sick somewhere in central america. As for open time... I'll be on reserve all August so I will not even have the opportunity to be a whore.

You know all these union guys argue back and forth and do nothing. Pay has done nothing but go down in this industry with the mighty ALPA watching all the way. Not to mention how they do nothing to help pilots at the regionals. Hey the Union might save some guys jobs like the A-hole senior ex midway clown who doesn't know how the auto thrust works... while at the same time throwing others under the bus. What a joke!

Just sick of the tough talk from this regime and the last. And really tired of all the captains saying how bad it would be without a Union. Well boys our Union just agreed to let it get that bad. Aren't you glad you have money from you already below average paycheck going out to ALPA to hold management to the contract, then just to give in when Jeff C demands. Good Job Team! Way to "Fly the Contract!"

I got an brilliant (Union) idea... why not put on our hats and do some informational picketing!!! That will help. Our pax will have a lot of simpathy for us... no longer having at least four days off at a time.

Better idea... how bout a guy not associated with union and without union approval sets up a plan to... sick out, write up all the planes when out somewhere, or all pilots just not show up one day. Lets show some balls before the inevitable locks are on the doors.

Last edited:
I don't know, better ask the Jet Blue pilots how that works. We haven't gotten to the point yet where pilots have to clean the aircraft.

I don't know, better ask the Jet Blue pilots how that works. We haven't gotten to the point yet where pilots have to clean the aircraft.

Jetblue pilots don't have to clean either, but some do to make on-time and get this.....just help out the f/a's.

600rvr a job action like a sick out, slow down, et al is unfortunately illegal...ask American Pilots Association about that one. But a green pen day or safety day would be allowable.

And again I have to ask where you are getting your information about our MEC, LEC or scheduling committee allowed them to do this. I can tell you that the scheduling committee did not agree to this. If you read your CBA in the scheduling part under regular lines, there is one part that will allow them to do this...I'm sure that the intent of that language was not to allow this.

Latest resources

Back