Spirit Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
define Crap?

I think they pay decent. I'd have to take a bit of a pay cut from my current job, but the pay potential is much higher as I'm sure is the QOL. Sounds like they pay about $38-40K for first year.

If the stats I've found on this and other websites are correct, Spirit Captains are making between $100K and $130K. FO's make about half of that.

That's not chump change, but it's not much to write home about either when you consider that their Captains are in charge of 200 seat airplane.

$100-$130K, upper 10% of US individual income, doesn't sound bad for doing something you like with decent QOL, that does not require a college degree. Not many people get to say that about their jobs

Is Spirit paying crap wages just like Allegiant?

C'mon, man...just do a little research; don't tell me you've never seen this link before:

www.airlinepilotcentral.com

In negotiations; 150% pay for most open-time pick-up, 200% for junior-man assignment. 4 days off in a row minimum, guaranteed. Min days off: 12 for reserves, 13 for lineholders. Add a day to each of those if the month has 31 days.

Pay could (always) be better, but I won't be doing Moline turns, high-speeds, or nasty reduced-rest overnights any time soon. QOL counts.

gator

just wondering if most of new hires going to fll

Everyone in the last 3 classes have gotten the base they wanted. About 70% to DTW, the others to FLL. Hiring appears to have base preferences in consideration.

An inside rec is the only way to get called right now. According to the CP, they have thousands of apps on file through airlineapps, so they feel they're shooting in the dark if they tap that source. They feel that if someone can vouch for someone else, they have a better idea of what they're getting.

That said, the quality inside recs will run out very soon; good luck to everyone out there with a resume on file. Make sure it's up to date!

gator

Pay could (always) be better, but I won't be doing Moline turns, high-speeds, or nasty reduced-rest overnights any time soon. QOL counts.

So what are the trips like? Is it a lot of day-trips, 5-days, 3-days, what? I haven't paid much attention to NK up until now, but a buddy of mine is in class now and I'm starting to wonder whether I should consider it.

I understand that an internal recommendation is important to your chances, but seeing as I don't know anyone at Spirit will there be any job fairs in the future?

the new press release talks about 30 airplanes to be delivered starting 2009. the growth that was planned this year is still at about 6-10 planes?
what about 2008?
thanks
good luck to all.

Anyone know anything about the dispatch side of Spirit?
What is the pay like for dispatchers, and how the company is in general.
I had thought about applying, but I just don't know a lot about the company....and Miami was never really somewhere I desired to live....but I would give it a shot if it was a nice place to work for.

Latest resources

Back