Spirit Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hankpilot2002

I would like to get some info on Spirit - length of most trips, QOL, benefits and the like. I am particularly interested in hearing from current Spirit employees about the potential growth factor.

Any info would be appreciated.

Change is in the air. The route structure is being refocused, aircraft utilization is being greatly improved, and much else is changing. Contract talks are somewhat stalled, but we're early in the game.

The bottom line is this.....nothing I tell you about Spirit today will apply next year.

The points you might want to consider are these: the company is apparently on the verge of real profitability, new aircraft are on the way, new destinations are being announced, the route structure looks defensible, hiring continues, and the pilots are a pretty good bunch of people.

good luck,
enigma

do you know how many pilots will be hired next year?

The DO announced 70 newhires coming in short order. I believe that 16 of that number have already been hired; which leaves another 54 or so chances. The training department is gearing up for almost continuous training which would imply more than just seven more classes remaining.

Good Luck,
enigma

My understanding was that the 70 new hires were in addition to the 3 classes that were already planned for Jan. and Feb. This would bring the total for '07 to nearly 100 new hire pilots. The current training footprint can accommodate 8 initial pilots every other week. I have been hearing 5 new a/c deliveries for the first quarter of '07. At 5-6 crews per airplane, that translates to 55-60 pilots.

I was just talking with a Spirit Captain in FLL.

He said 48 for the spring, 70 in the fall, 400 until 2009.

Also talked about a "prefered" list : 121 current, living in FLL,...

He also talked about a possibility to be placed in a pool if you are not meeting the requirements.

IF the price of fuel doesn't go through the roof again, IF there isn't another terrorist attack, IF that crazy bastard in Iran doesn't piss off Isreal and start WWIII, IF we don't do something really stupid and get sued, IF the economy doesn't take a dump, IF nothing really bad happens etc....

I understand we should have around 65 planes in I think is was 2010? That was what I thought Carlson eluded to in recurrent. (not the IF parts...the aircraft part). I think that is the basic general rumors coming from the mothership in miramar. But no one really knows for sure, until we have 65 planes on the flow sheet right?

I understand thoroughly the point you are bringing up.........guarded optimism. In this day and age it is definitely prudent.

If Spirit exercises all their options on the Airbus order this place is going to explode in size.....hopefully they can handle it better than some recent others.

The aircraft plan kicked off last year when Spirit placed a $2 billion Airbus order for 35 new aircraft. The contract included options for an additional 50 aircraft. South Florida Business Journal July 19 2005

Guarded optimisim is prudent. But it is even more of a pleasure to have someone speak with any optimism.

Good luck to you all.

Hung

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back