Spirit question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you want optimism...

If you think doing 6 days in a row of red-eye turns to central America all month is quality of life, then please, please come take those wonderful trips.

If you did a 6 day red eye, you do it because you asked for it. You bid it so you can commute in on day one and back on day six. If we had no red eye lines you would be the first one to cry about it. In one year of line flying here I flew 4... a TOTAL of 4!!!!! LEGS. Not trips! Not turns! Legs! ... and I am junior. I wish we had those in ACY when I was commuting. Look at the award today. Only one such line went totally junior. Even that guy could have asked for daytime reserve instead. Please don't try to sell the regional crowd how our QOL sucks. Completely incorrect.

I work for one of the worst regional airlines. Let him work there for a week. Thats all i gotta say.

Not colored glasses and shinY new jets mean ******************** to me but quality of life goes a long way, regarless of wether they get the SNJ. Someone wanted some info and since some people are so bitter give some information I gave what I got. And you are right CFI Air Sunshine Pinnacle well over 9k hrs most of them PIC,so you blame for trying to get out of a regional and into a better flying job? dont be a hypocrit, I worked my way up the food chain like everyone else, a door closes another one opens....

Now for the people interested, they are looking for 140 new hire for next year, 4 320 delivered in 2010 looking for 5 more REAL AIRLINE A/C in 2011, but this is aviation and you know it can change at anytime..............right ENIGMA.

They are still bringing the guys back from the street some are not taking the recall.

Right now they are calling people with internal recomendations, No more interviews until January.

Good Luck

Whatever buddy. Whatever you say.

If any body else is reading, Spirit has a long history of promising growth. Most of those promises were empty. For those who read without wearing rose colored glasses, please don't come to NK expecting massive growth. Come here because you would be happy with what we have now. If growth comes, great, but you better not count on it.

BTW joco, I'm not bitter or disillusioned. I upgraded in 18 months and haven't missed a paycheck in well over ten years. But I came to Spirit expecting nothing. Seriously, I took the job because it was better than the one I had and haven't been disappointed.

If you want disillusioned, make contact with one of our FO's who was hired into a "dead man walking" crew base and then furloughed for a couple of years.

PS: I upgraded without any true growth. It came to me the time honored "old" Spirit way. Attrition. People came, spent their two years and left for better jobs. My classmates and I would have followed the same schedule if not for Sept 11th.

I just received a request to stop denigrating my employer.

To be perfectly clear. My posts are intended to help some of you prospective Spirit pilots properly manage your expectations. Spirit is a better employer than some, and a worse employer than some. My comments are only to show that aircraft orders/deliveries are not something to base decisions on when considering a career Spirit Airlines. We may take those deliveries, we may not. Time will tell. If you want to gamble, come on over.

To be perfectly clear. My posts are intended to help some of you prospective Spirit pilots properly manage your expectations.

Do you know why ALPA doesn't make pilot contracts public info so that pilots can make educated decisions? Instead of going to the ALPA website to find pilot contracts, pilots are forced to go to third party message boards and websites.

Most pilots aren't even given access to a contract until after they have accepted employment at an airline. This just seems insane.

If you want to gamble, come on over.

That is the best description of who to decide to work at Spirit.

My advice is --> if you are a regional F/O anywhere near upgrade...take the upgrade.

can you still get fired for putting for posting on FI?

Latest resources

Back