• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit Pilots!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To my knowledge no new hires are going to DTW, too many displaced FO's and Capt's. But they just had a bid that moved 8 FO's back to DTW from FLL because so many have left because of the base closure. Some hired at the Major's and some returned from Furlogh. My guess is the total base closure will not happen it just does not make sense to close a base that has more originating flight than FLL. My last trip had 2 of the 4 overnights in DTW. It is purly a political move that is really starting to backfire on the company.

To my knowledge no new hires are going to DTW, too many displaced FO's and Capt's. But they just had a bid that moved 8 FO's back to DTW from FLL because so many have left because of the base closure. Some hired at the Major's and some returned from Furlogh. My guess is the total base closure will not happen it just does not make sense to close a base that has more originating flight than FLL. My last trip had 2 of the 4 overnights in DTW. It is purly a political move that is really starting to backfire on the company.

Agreed..........

DOUBLE AGREE

Does this sound like unity in the group for the sake of the contract I am readin?! - Hope so......because that is THE SINGLE most important thing in our professional lives - eye on the prize

I have heard the same thing serveral times, but who knows if that is going to happen sooner or later. They can not even staff the airline let alone run two domiciles or three more domiciles. I have a feeling that they would like to run it as a satelite base, but I would never vote or support any language that would give them this type of ability to change your life from month to month. If I want to live like a Gypsy I would have joined a band of them long ago. They can not even close DTW.

Try the BAYMONT (734) 772-6000.
24hrs shuttle, Free continental Bkfst, 5 min from airport, accumulate points.
Don't forget to mention tht you're a Crew Member

God Luck

I have heard the same thing serveral times, but who knows if that is going to happen sooner or later. They can not even staff the airline let alone run two domiciles or three more domiciles. I have a feeling that they would like to run it as a satelite base, but I would never vote or support any language that would give them this type of ability to change your life from month to month. If I want to live like a Gypsy I would have joined a band of them long ago. They can not even close DTW.

A satellite base? no thanks!!!

I live in So FL and don't want to go to dtw but that sounds like it might be possible. A short time would be ok but don't want to get stuck there. Any thoughts?

I live in So FL and don't want to go to dtw but that sounds like it might be possible. A short time would be ok but don't want to get stuck there. Any thoughts?

I might have missed the context of your question, but a newhire would never have to go to Detroit in our current situation.

Keep in mind that the company has indicated a strong desire to have many pilot bases. They attempted to get voluntary satellite bases (e.g., ACY) from the union under different terms and conditions than our current contract. The pilot union has refused but the flight attendents union signed an LOA for a voluntary base in ACY.

I would not be surprised if we see mandatory satellite basing under the terms of our contract. Take a look at USA 3000 with their 9 airplanes and 10 pilot bases. Pilot frequently get displaced (seasonaly) and it is difficult to hold the city you desire.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back