• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit Pilots!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FLL is way better. Everyone speaks english and is super polite. SORRY I couldn't resist. Maybe I should take pictures of myself without a shirt on in the mirror.

www.crashpads.com

there is an add in the free section (don't need to register to see it) for a crashpad in Romulus that says you get your own room with locking door and they'll drive you to/from the airport for $5.

I just bought a second car for $800 and got a good crashpad.

DTW Crash pads

Hotels are about 35 to 40 per night and you can get some good deals if you use price line or travelocity or any other travel site. Your best bet is to use the hotel for a while and just meet some crews and they will turn you onto the best crash pads. Their is a shuttle service that cost about $7 each way to the airport if you do not want to have a car most of the NW guys use it. A good crash pad takes time to find and is best done when you are on site. Use the hotel till you find the best situation. You do not want to walkin on FO Shrek taking Glamour Shots of Himself.

Nice shot Big Horn.

Depends who you ask, Management says all the flying is going south and that is where the money is, but logically, Placing your super Latin America Hub out of FLL is a Joke. They have yet to break ground on the new runway, no new terminal space to speak of and ground support that is on a good day aint worth a spuirt. Add to this that you have 8 confirmed gates in DTW and not plans to reliquish them for now I say the DTW base will be there for a while at least for well nothing is forever.

Mostly this is managements why of trying to load the Union with some Lee Harvey's to do their bidding during contract negotiations....s

FLL is way better. Everyone speaks english and is super polite. SORRY I couldn't resist. Maybe I should take pictures of myself without a shirt on in the mirror.

I am no huge fan of FLL to live either.............you feel like you need a passport to enter the city limits......we need international pay when we go there :)

And yes......I lost a bet about the mirror...........LOL - that WAS a good jab

Last edited:
About a year ago the comfort Inn was $25.00 a night if you book the entire month. We had 7-8 people so we only payed 100-110.
$1.00 for a Pint of Miller Lite

Latest resources

Back