• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit or SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jeez. guy comes on here with an honest question and half of you treat him like a moron.

my objective answer is to go SWA. they have: never furloughed, strong growth, quick advancement, multiple bases, happy coworkers, etc infinitum.

my Spirit knowledge is extremely limited, but i'm assuming you may be in Florida. SWA might offer the Orlando base at some time to you.

i think after 2 years you won't even be thinking about Spirit while you're at SWA.

but, the decision is yours and your family's. i work at neither place.

congratulations and best of luck

Ive worked at both, go to SWA and never look back. Send me a pm if you need more info.

Good luck!

MemTrash said:
OMG if you are under 55 go to SWA and just accept the extra pay and quality of life. How can you even ask. At 45 (just around the corner) you'll be making over 200K. Wake up!

How can you guarantee any of this? I remember 6 years ago everyone saying how United was the best and you could be making 200K by the time you were 45, how's that going now?

You may be right, but don't tell the guy he's a moron. QOL is the key.

When did he say that?

Hawker dude said:
How can you guarantee any of this? I remember 6 years ago everyone saying how United was the best and you could be making 200K by the time you were 45, how's that going now?

You may be right, but don't tell the guy he's a moron. QOL is the key.

Hey Hawker Dude,
When did MemTrash ever call the guy a "moron?"
When it comes to a flying career, there's no such thing as a good decision or a bad decision. All we've got are lucky and unlucky decisions. It's all one big game of Texas Hold 'Em, just play the best you can with the cards dealt.
-Blucher:bomb:

You owe it to your wife and kids to provide stability. SWA is as stable as it gets. Go to SWA and don't look back. At least you got some Airbus stick time - but seriously, go to SWA!

I had this same conversation with a new ATA Captain about 3 years ago. He wasn't sure whether he should leave ATA, they had a new contract, he was making good money. He was thinking short sighted on the intitial pay cut. He hadn't made up his mind but said definitely leaning toward staying on at ATA. I never heard what his decision was...but I'm guessing he stayed. If he did stay he is probably an FO now and has spent the last year worried if he would even have a job any more.

Not saying the same will happen with Spirit, but in all honesty I can't think of a single good enough reason not to pick SWA.

Lets see Spirt top CA $138/hr, NWA going to what, (maybe $109 for a A320CA) What kind of pressure will this put on Spirt, and others?

Southwest $190/hr

All you can do is base you decision on the information presented to you at this time. I know many who left CO in 1989 for US, and belive me that was the right move to make; that year.

Latest resources

Back