Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit or Airtran? Which would you pick?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dude100

I'm in a position to go to one of these carriers with my flight experience. Which one would you choose considering upgrade times, contract negotiations, fleet types, general QOL, etc.? Or would you just wait and see if something better comes along?:cool:

If you don't care about where you are based...then apply to both. You may not even have a choice. When you have a JOB OFFER from both, then you have a choice to make.

I haven't seen the Milpitas Chicken in a long time.....since I left Moffett in early 1989.

46 alumni.

Airtran is a PUBLIC company, at least you have an idea what management is doing. Up grade time is about 2 2/1 yrs, ATL base. They are renegotiating the contract.
Spirit is a PRIVATE company, so you don't really know whats going on. They announced big expansion and a bunch more airplanes. You get typed on A320. Up grade is about 3 to 3 1/2 years, FLL base.

I would apply for both and whoever hires you, you go.
Good luck!

Two very different companies. Really depends on what things are important to you. What are you looking for in an airline?

You are using information from us Yutz to make your career decision? Give us your Social security number, that will help us give you an even better recommendation!

Latest resources

Back