Spirit now requiring 500 hours part 121/135 TPIC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ROSWELL41

According to the Aerocrewsolutions website, Spirit will be having resumes screened and will not speak to civilian applicants at the upcoming LAS job fair unless they have not only 4000 TT but ALSO 500 hours part 121/135 TPIC.

Why the change? Seeking to exclude regional FO's and part 91 pilots? Spirit is certainly not as sought after as DAL, UAL or AA and they don't require part 121 TPIC. Just wonder what's the rationale?

It will be interesting how long these requirements remain in place. Especially when more of their existing pilots leave to the legacies.

There are still plenty of 121 guys with TPIC.

I have not flown with a new hire (new hires meaning guys hired since we stared up again in late 2011 or early 2012) yet that was not a CA at their former airline.

Let them require 1500 PIC, just drop the dang requirement to show up at one of those stupid overpriced job fairs.

According to the Aerocrewsolutions website, Spirit will be having resumes screened and will not speak to civilian applicants at the upcoming LAS job fair unless they have not only 4000 TT but ALSO 500 hours part 121/135 TPIC.

Why the change? Seeking to exclude regional FO's and part 91 pilots? Spirit is certainly not as sought after as DAL, UAL or AA and they don't require part 121 TPIC. Just wonder what's the rationale?

FWIW- my understanding is that this is a requirement to attend the job fair- not to apply to Spirit....

I know that attending a job fair has been helpful to some, but not the only way people are getting hired.

There are still plenty of 121 guys with TPIC.

I have not flown with a new hire (new hires meaning guys hired since we stared up again in late 2011 or early 2012) yet that was not a CA at their former airline.

And yet there have been quite a few hired this year alone with only regional FO time. When they attempt to upgrade in a couple of years, it will be their first TPIC.

Thats interesting! I was at the most recent fair and was sitting in the 3rd row listening to the VP of Flight ops give a presentation and right out of his mouth he says "we are looking to hire an individual, we want to make sure you will fit into our culture no matter if your a CA or FO or your qualifications". Im def confused now!

Latest resources

Back