• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit now requiring 500 hours part 121/135 TPIC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are always good reasons NOT to hire somebody. Especially if you don't want to hire them.

flyboyike, your signature is awesome! Thanks for the laugh.

Sandy told me it was due to upgrades sinking to less than 2 years, so for insurance reasons they need some PIC.

If thats insurance reasons then the official requirements should be posted soon on their website for applicants. As of now its just a job fair thing. I think official hiring mins is different than job fair mins to limited number of people in attendance. But, if thats what Sandi says then i guess its now going to be official hiring mins and should be posted on their site soon. Pretty weird considering all the legacies require no PIC

Upgrades won't be going below 2 years. The order book and simple math proves that.

IDK... Crystal balls never work, but....

We are at 2.5 yrs right now, having added 16 aircraft in 2012/2013....
Plans to add 25 aircraft in 2014/2015....

Admittedly, I haven't actually done the math, but it sure looks like under 2 yrs to me....

Probably due to quick upgrades. Neep more experience quickly. Or maybe simply because they can.
Yeah BC someone at a 91 gig with 10,000 plus hours and 6,000 Jet PIC certainly could never figure out 121 flying before they upgraded. How stupid!!! 121 flying is by far the easiest flying I have ever done.

Latest resources

Back