Spirit jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

I just JS on Spirit DTW-CAN. It was great! The captain and flt attendents were VERY nice and helpful.

I feel sorry for the 2 Spirit couple that didnt´make it. There was only 1 seat left and they didn´t want to split up, so I got it.

We were not in their CASS system (I think because we have a 3-letter ID for our airline code), so I couldn´t use the jumpseat.

Spirit said later this month they are getting all new software, so we should be in their CASS system then.

I will probably JS on USAir on the way home-Spirit is VERY full!

Thanks again to the Spirit crew, counter and gate customer service-everyone was excellent!

cliff
pdc (Playa del Carmen)

"Try to make contact with one of the pilots of the flight, as well, as all will ensure you get the attention you deserve in regards to a jumpseat request."

Definitely sage advice, especially when dealing with the disgraceful FLL operation. You will be treated better ANYWHERE else in the system.

Yup.........exactly......y'all keep your head down. The picketing may have spurred a little give and take. Sucks but not surprising.

Hi!
"I will probably JS on USAir on the way home-Spirit is VERY full!"

Agreed, but if you listen to Miramar- they are not making a penny............until they are addressing the Wall Street crowd- then the story changes to NK making the highest net after tax profit margin in the entire LCC and ULCC sector.

Hi!
"I will probably JS on USAir on the way home-Spirit is VERY full!"

Agreed, but if you listen to Miramar- they are not making a penny............until they are addressing the Wall Street crowd- then the story changes to NK making the highest net after tax profit margin in the entire LCC and ULCC sector.........built on the backs of its pilots
C O N T R A C T

It's not hard to believe that they can't get the jumpseat thing right. They can barely manage to find seats for their own deadheading crewmembers. I check in 1 hour before my deadhead legs, and 3 of the last 5 times I have deadheaded, they have asked me to take the jumpseat. Naturally, (per the contract) I told them on all 3 occassions that I do not "consent" to using the jumpseat for deadhead transportation, and they eventually scrambled to find a seat for me. Have any other NK pilots run into this lately?

While it is easy to blame the individual gate agents, I feel these espisodes reflect a bigger problem. Our agents are overworked, understaffed, poorly trained, and there is a lack of quality control.

Another reason I left. Watching good people, like any station other than FLL, getting beat up everyday because of managements short comings. And after working hard to do the best to get the job done....no pay raise, just another kick in the teeth.

And now they are subing out the MYR station. One of the first stations in the Spirit system. This is great right....they can stay for 90 days for the same pay rate and if the sub contract place decides to keep them...they can work for the new pay...less of course.

Did you know that when Ned sold or leased out the DTW res center he gave the new lessors a month of free payments for every employee they would keep. Slightly different management styles.

Last edited:
Another reason I left. Watching good people, like any station other than FLL, getting beat up everyday because of managements short comings. And after working hard to do the best to get the job done....no pay raise, just another kick in the teeth.

And now they are subing out the MYR station. One of the first stations in the Spirit system. This is great right....they can stay for 90 days for the same pay rate and if the sub contract place decides to keep them...they can work for the new pay...less of course.

Did you know that when Ned sold or leased out the DTW res center he gave the new lessors a month of free payments for every employee they would keep. Slightly different management styles.

Where did ya go?

This is definitely not Ned's Airline anymore unfortunately.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back