• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit job fair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just met a captain for Spirit last week and he said pretty much the only way to get hired is attend a job fair.Is this an accurate statement?

I think the canned answer is yes, however I took an XJT guy to FLL last week for his processing appointment...claims he applied got the long app a week later and was interviewed and hired a week after that...no job fair.

I think the canned answer is yes, however I took an XJT guy to FLL last week for his processing appointment...claims he applied got the long app a week later and was interviewed and hired a week after that...no job fair.

Thanks

I just met a captain for Spirit last week and he said pretty much the only way to get hired is attend a job fair.Is this an accurate statement?

The hiring process has changed dramatically, largely due to our new VP of Flt Ops. Previously, an internal rec from a line pilot meant something, now unless it's from a management or well connected type, it's meaningless. The job fair racket is the only way in for most it seems. Also, they prefer heavy oceanic crossing PIC time. Don't know what that does for a primarily domestic A320 operation, but que sera, sera.

Just had two buddies get the TBNT emails after interviewing last week. Both RJ CAs and all around great guys, not sure what happened :(

The hiring process has changed dramatically, largely due to our new VP of Flt Ops. Previously, an internal rec from a line pilot meant something, now unless it's from a management or well connected type, it's meaningless. The job fair racket is the only way in for most it seems. Also, they prefer heavy oceanic crossing PIC time. Don't know what that does for a primarily domestic A320 operation, but que sera, sera.

Just had two buddies get the TBNT emails after interviewing last week. Both RJ CAs and all around great guys, not sure what happened :(

Thanks x 2

Thanks x 2

Best advice I can give is stay persistent. If you want to work at NK, you'll get your shot sooner or later. We need a lot of pilots and despite what our hiring people may say, we are very few people's first choice airline. I've enjoyed working here and I plan on staying, but let's 'keep it real' so to speak.

This has happened to a couple friends if mine that went on to work at other places. Good enough for usairways and united but not for spirit? Maybe just interview jitters?

This has happened to a couple friends if mine that went on to work at other places. Good enough for usairways and united but not for spirit? Maybe just interview jitters?

Ive said this before but Ill repeat it...i agree with what most are saying, and I wish I had some insight as to why some dont get hired....im sure there are those that didnt get on at US or AA and did at NK. Ive been told numerous times you really need to sell your entire career to them. IE, if you give them the impression that your gonna leave in two years for Delta, theyll avoid you like an STD. Convince them otherwise and be an all around good guy...your in. Then if you actually wanna leave for DL in two years...more power to ya! Everyone trying to get hired here needs to understand. NK is a good place to work...we make DECENT money and get more time off than most...the pilot group is second to none....and yes youll be an A320 captain in a very short period of time...but this is in no way shape or form Delta or United and never will be....just know what your signing up for when you go to interview...this is the WalMart of the industry...theyre very good at what they do...but if your career goals are to fly a 777 from JFK to LHR, dont waste your time, it will NEVER happen here. If your like me and wanna spend as much time as possible seeing your kids grow up and you couldnt care less what equipment your on, your never gonna be rich but youll always be able to pay your bills and feed your fam and send your kids to college...then NK is a great option...

Ive said this before but Ill repeat it...i agree with what most are saying, and I wish I had some insight as to why some dont get hired....im sure there are those that didnt get on at US or AA and did at NK. Ive been told numerous times you really need to sell your entire career to them. IE, if you give them the impression that your gonna leave in two years for Delta, theyll avoid you like an STD. Convince them otherwise and be an all around good guy...your in. Then if you actually wanna leave for DL in two years...more power to ya! Everyone trying to get hired here needs to understand. NK is a good place to work...we make DECENT money and get more time off than most...the pilot group is second to none....and yes youll be an A320 captain in a very short period of time...but this is in no way shape or form Delta or United and never will be....just know what your signing up for when you go to interview...this is the WalMart of the industry...theyre very good at what they do...but if your career goals are to fly a 777 from JFK to LHR, dont waste your time, it will NEVER happen here. If your like me and wanna spend as much time as possible seeing your kids grow up and you couldnt care less what equipment your on, your never gonna be rich but youll always be able to pay your bills and feed your fam and send your kids to college...then NK is a great option...

Ok,I will take the job. lol

Don't forget guys, AA, US Airways, United & CAL up until recently were under deep concessionary contracts with horrid work rules. I have no idea what will happen here but we are all hoping/assuming/working towards higher pay rates come 2015.

Latest resources

Back