• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit job fair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We'll that would depend where the interview was. I always thought those that interview wanted to hear the truth?

Considering this thread is about Spirit...how about the interview is at Spirit! And as far as truth, if you tell the panel that your dream job is Delta (cause that's a typical question at an NK interview) you likely will not be selected. Just some free advice. I'd consider paying for some real prep though.

Considering this thread is about Spirit...how about the interview is at Spirit! And as far as truth, if you tell the panel that your dream job is Delta (cause that's a typical question at an NK interview) you likely will not be selected. Just some free advice. I'd consider paying for some real prep though.

Are you serious? I WAS BEING SARCASTIC. The thread was started by someone looking to sell a fricking job fair ticket?!?!? It is not a "please help me develop an interview answer because I'm to cheap, dumb and don't have an original thought in my head to come up with an answer for an interview" thread.

As indicated by another poster, we weren't aware I was interviewing.

Next time preface your question with "what do you guys think would be a good answer for this interview question" as there are other threads out there asking things like, "Whom would you rather work for? Spirit or AA" ... I was thinking your questioning was along those lines.

It's too bad you work at Spirit... you seem to be a bit of a p***k.

Last edited:
Are you serious? I WAS BEING SARCASTIC. The thread was started by someone looking to sell a fricking job fair ticket?!?!? It is not a "please help me develop an interview answer because I'm to cheap, dumb and don't have an original thought in my head to come up with an answer for an interview" thread.

As indicated by another poster, we weren't aware I was interviewing.

Next time preface your question with "what do you guys think would be a good answer for this interview question" as there are other threads out there asking things like, "Whom would you rather work for? Spirit or AA" ... I was thinking your questioning was along those lines.

It's too bad you work at Spirit... you seem to be a bit of a p***k.

No, my original question was sincere and you answered it. Spirit would not be your first choice company for whatever reason. I don't disparage that thinking. In fact, I disagree with the direction NK's hiring team is going. Rather than discern whether someone is sincere in wanting to work at NK, they seem more interested in finding someone with a thick logbook. I think attrition to the legacies may become a problem in the coming years due to this methodology. I wish you the best in your job search. Sorry if I've ruffled your feathers.

No, my original question was sincere and you answered it. Spirit would not be your first choice company for whatever reason. I don't disparage that thinking. In fact, I disagree with the direction NK's hiring team is going. Rather than discern whether someone is sincere in wanting to work at NK, they seem more interested in finding someone with a thick logbook. I think attrition to the legacies may become a problem in the coming years due to this methodology. I wish you the best in your job search. Sorry if I've ruffled your feathers.

No problem. My intent was not to get into a pissing match, just giving you an honest answer, not one for an interview. Hopefully you won't have that problem in the future as everything I hear seems to indicate that most enjoy Spirit. Some will always big gunning for the big iron, but I think once you reach a certain level of pay most will not be willing to go back to the bottom. Of course that may depend on Spirits pay next contract. Only time will tell.

Whats going on at the job fairs is definitely interesting. There are many great candidates out there that have jerked gear for 6 or more years and it's a shame to see them not be able to attend a job fair due to lack of PIC.

:beer:

No problem. My intent was not to get into a pissing match, just giving you an honest answer, not one for an interview. Hopefully you won't have that problem in the future as everything I hear seems to indicate that most enjoy Spirit. Some will always big gunning for the big iron, but I think once you reach a certain level of pay most will not be willing to go back to the bottom. Of course that may depend on Spirits pay next contract. Only time will tell.

Whats going on at the job fairs is definitely interesting. There are many great candidates out there that have jerked gear for 6 or more years and it's a shame to see them not be able to attend a job fair due to lack of PIC.

Did you attend the most recent job fair in LAS? Curious as to what was said by the Spirit representatives?

This is all too true...we have a great contract and a great pilot group and its a shame that not everyone gets a chance to impress HR. The 6 or 7 year gear slingers...( I was one ) are the ones that will probably stay around long term with the upgrades right around 2 years at this point. I can tell everyone attending the job fairs this much....if they have even the slightest intuition that your gonna bail for Delta in two years...theyll throw your resume in the trash in seconds....they want kool-aid drinkers that are excited about the growth and the future. Believe me we have our flaws and im not saying I wouldnt give my left buckeye to work at DAL....just make sure you sell yourself as an NK junkie...good luck everyone

Latest resources

Back