• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit - FO's vs Captains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can assure that enough of us will walk the line! They cannot run an airline with 50 - 100 scabs anyway. I will make it my personal mission to advertise and humiliate any SCABS! Trust me when it comes down to it, enough of us will walk and they will have to shut it down!

I can assure that enough of us will walk the line! They cannot run an airline with 50 - 100 scabs anyway. I will make it my personal mission to advertise and humiliate any SCABS! Trust me when it comes down to it, enough of us will walk and they will have to shut it down!

It's beginning to look like Spirit WANTS to shut it down. Getting the union to do it for them would be the ultimate in irony.

We need a miracle.

I made about 20,000 total with Spirit before being furloughed..

Just for the record. You need to specify the time frame for the 20k or refrain from making a statement like that because it is bad info. Not to say that the FO pay is not low. It is. But it is not 20k a year, not even on first year, not even on reserve. It can go anywhere from $35k to $50k/year depending on when you get off reserve, and weather you are willing to (or able to i.e. due to commuting) work extra. Plus per diem. My highest take home pay was over $4200, incl per diem, as a junior line holder with working 2 extra days and still had 14 days off. This was very doable living in base. Unfortunately did not last at all as I was kicked out with the rest of us fairly soon. While it is nothing to brag about, it is more than 20k and there are legacies that pay less for 1st year.

It's beginning to look like Spirit WANTS to shut it down. Getting the union to do it for them would be the ultimate in irony.

We need a miracle.

This place isn't going to shut down-it's called negotiations. Everybody needs to grow a pair and realize that. So many whiney bi***es around this place.

This place isn't going to shut down-it's called negotiations. Everybody needs to grow a pair and realize that. So many whiney bi***es around this place.

Not whiny, just realistic. Winning the war is more important than winning a battle. Contract re-negotiation is just a skirmish in the contract battle which consists of a whole series of amendable dates and openers. The "war" is protecting your right to negotiate when those amendable dates come around and protecting the rights you win during negotiations.

Your career is a marathon, not a sprint and success is measured at the end of your thirty odd years in the cockpit, not every four years.

If you think about it, it's "whiny" to demand instant gratification.

Just for the record. You need to specify the time frame for the 20k or refrain from making a statement like that because it is bad info. Not to say that the FO pay is not low. It is. But it is not 20k a year, not even on first year, not even on reserve. It can go anywhere from $35k to $50k/year depending on when you get off reserve, and weather you are willing to (or able to i.e. due to commuting) work extra. Plus per diem. My highest take home pay was over $4200, incl per diem, as a junior line holder with working 2 extra days and still had 14 days off. This was very doable living in base. Unfortunately did not last at all as I was kicked out with the rest of us fairly soon. While it is nothing to brag about, it is more than 20k and there are legacies that pay less for 1st year.

Good post. NK mid seniority (5 or 6 year) FO $65/hour. The guarantee is 72 hour and the lines usually average closer to 78 hours. If a Spirit FO of that seniority, btw most are at that seniority, flies an average line, he will make $60 large per year. That's with no OT.

Good post. NK mid seniority (5 or 6 year) FO $65/hour. The guarantee is 72 hour and the lines usually average closer to 78 hours. If a Spirit FO of that seniority, btw most are at that seniority, flies an average line, he will make $60 large per year. That's with no OT.

DAL second year first officer pay - $77/hour
third year - $90
fifth year - $95

You get the idea. I think Delta's pay rates are pathetic. Actually, I think every single airline has pathetic pay rates other than UPS and FedEx. This industry is already in the sh!tter. How much worse can it get?

DAL second year first officer pay - $77/hour
third year - $90
fifth year - $95

You get the idea. I think Delta's pay rates are pathetic. Actually, I think every single airline has pathetic pay rates other than UPS and FedEx. This industry is already in the sh!tter. How much worse can it get?

You checked the pay rates for Eastern lately?

You checked the pay rates for Eastern lately?

You must be in management! You do not share the views of most of us! We will shut it down if need be, we make a pathetic income, the ALPA strike fund of $1400 a month is just as good for me, plus I will go get a part time job while waiting. Most of us will vote to strike, I am guessing we get an 85%+ yes vote!

Latest resources

Back