• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit #) day cooling off period ...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wise man boomlrd! Could you be the next candidate??
Thanks for the kind words, but I understand the level of committment needed in order to take a position on the MEC. I could not possibly give all the effort it would take to run for a position with the MEC. Maybe when my extra-curricular activities settle down in the future I could commit to the cause, but for now, they will just get my full support.

Thankfully somebody does. Others just seem to piss and moan.

the MEC not only knew what it was getting into, lots of the trouble is self inflicted.

If they were doing anything they would be getting more support. Like it or not the MEC positioned itself as men who would get things done. They went after managers trying to get them fired. didn't happen. They went after BBB, hasn't happened. They went after a release, hasn't happened. They don't communicate or offer too little too late. They run an ineffective organization and are counting on anti company anger for unity.

Busting on members for failing to bow down to their majesty won't cut it. We support the union. We have a right to disagree with the way they conduct our work.

When is jetblue hiring?? (
multipage.gif
1 2 3)

This decision to release us into the cooling off period must be really important to the NMB due to 3 weeks of deliberation, this is unbelievable!

This decision to release us into the cooling off period must be really important to the NMB due to 3 weeks of deliberation, this is unbelievable!

The time frame is unbelievable only to those who failed to think on their own. First, and I know that I repeat myself, the RLA is not intended to be a vehicle for contract negotiation. The RLA and the NMB it created, are intended to prevent disruptions in transportation.
Second, we do NOT operate in a vacuum. The NMB must consider the overall effect on the industry before they release the Spirit group or Spirit itself.
Third, the NMB is a political organization. They are first restricted by the intent of the RLA and secondly they are controlled by politics. When one combines those two considerations, one sees that paralysis is just one step away.

Like it or not, Wall Street controls both political parties. Obama received more money from Wall Street than did McCain. Oaktree and Indigo are both financial (read Wall Street) institutions. Neither side want's to damage donors. The NMB will make a decision once both sides find political cover for the result.

and all of that is another good reason for not counting on the NMB when you plan a negotiation strategy.

I'd have to agree...why on earth bargain away something that is rightfully yours, AND that you haven't even gotten yet!

But it's past bargaining at this point, since you're simply awaiting the proffer, so that you can refuse it, and begin your 30-day countdown to self-help.

And just in time for the summer travel season....

NICE!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back