• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit #) day cooling off period ...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The RLA and the NMB it created, are intended to prevent disruptions in transportation.

There would hardly be a disruption in air-service. We're talking a carrier with, what, 30 airframes at the most?

$hit, a major has more than that at any given time sitting standby and in maintenance!

There would hardly be a disruption in air-service. We're talking a carrier with, what, 30 airframes at the most?

$hit, a major has more than that at any given time sitting standby and in maintenance!

I didn't want to comment on enigma's post but since you did, I will. Disruption in air transportation has little to do with whatever the delay is.

The size and route structure of the airline wouldn't cause a hiccup in air travel. Whatever the foot dragging is, that's not it...

Maybe the NMB has a vacation at Club Meade coming up and they don't want to miss the flight to ZSA...

or maybe with the deafening silence from the MEC, they are coming to some type of deal behind the scenes

I didn't want to comment on enigma's post but since you did, I will. Disruption in air transportation has little to do with whatever the delay is.

The size and route structure of the airline wouldn't cause a hiccup in air travel. Whatever the foot dragging is, that's not it...

I agree, there is something else going on; and that is the reason I don't believe using the NMB is a viable negotiation strategy.... to many variables outside our control.

We don't operate in a vacuum. Our receiving a release could be used by other carriers as a precedent and they could demand a release based upon it. Spirit is obviously a small percentage of the US air transportation business, but the implications of us getting a release go far beyond our size. The NMB is a politically appointed board and it will make political decisions.

I am not advocating against a release, in fact I believe that getting a release is our only choice considering the place we find ourselves.

This is purely speculation, but it is possible that the board is delaying our decision because the administration wants to see where all of the reported mergers are going. Any number of seemingly non related issues could be affecting our release.

Unfortunately, we are at their mercy.

edit for additional content. We may only be thirty airplanes, but when you have a ticket on one of those thirty, it is a 100% negative event for that airplane to sit. For instance, it would be reasonable to speculate that some south FL US representative could be blocking our release because we fly his/her parents from DCA to FLL every month. I once worked for an essential air service carrier in the West, and we routinely flew an empty airplane to one destination and only flew one pax on many other occasions. That pax happened to be the US Senator going home to see his parents every couple of weeks or so. If his parents had lived somewhere else, that town would have lost service immediately. The moral to the story is this: you never know what other forces are at work in this business.

Last edited:
CONTRABAND

But maybe, just maybe they are negotiating with the double secret negotiating committee.

The MEC officers could easily be involved in negotiations. The Vice Chair is an experience negotiator and the SecTreasurer is an experience status rep. They have been through this before and could reasonably be expected to successfully function there again.

Spirit people should go to the Spirit beotch board. They got a sweet "why we didn't get a release" top ten list posted.

BYM and boomlrd. Please shut up. You are undermining the MEC.

I am in contact with a P2P volunteer and am being assured that the Union has NO information. My contact spoke to the P2P chair specifically about this rumor and P2P assures him that (again) they have NO data. Period.

The MEC, Negotiators, SPC and P2P are waiting, patiently waiting,

Why would you be posting information intended to undermine the official word coming from the union. I'm not one of the MEC's favorite people, but I will certainly defend them on this one.
We all want to know, but now is not the time to be posting unsubstantiated rumors that run counter to the official position.

enigma

Speaking of the spirit pilot board, who do you think actually pays for that site?

Latest resources

Back