• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit #) day cooling off period ...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do recall hearing that (from a union guy FH maybe), but it was asked in the context of recalling pilots and trying to speed up the process of getting them back on line...not for training scabs...and I seem to recall that was asked several months ago, like last fall when they brought a handful back.

Lets say they hire replacement workers, are there enough somewhat qualified 320 pilots who live in the FLL, DTW and ACY areas to staff this place? It's not like they will be able to jumpseat into work.
Thanks Mike. That makes sense.

I am ready, willing, and able to STRIKE! I will accept nothing less than an industry leading TA, at least for us LCC's. They will have a "NO" vote from me with anything less, plus retro! Had the company bargained in good faith and got this contract done 3 years ago, I would have accepted less, but now after three years of lost wages and much anger, I will only vote yes to an industry leading contract with retro! I know many others that feel the same.

I am ready, willing, and able to STRIKE! I will accept nothing less than an industry leading TA, at least for us LCC's. They will have a "NO" vote from me with anything less, plus retro! Had the company bargained in good faith and got this contract done 3 years ago, I would have accepted less, but now after three years of lost wages and much anger, I will only vote yes to an industry leading contract with retro! I know many others that feel the same.
boomlrd, we all share your determination however posts on other boards suggests patience is running out. The ranting and accusations grow everyday. Lots of frustration against the MEC. We are ready to go. Lets do this!

Lots of frustration against the MEC.

That might be misdirected frustration to some extent...the proffer is completely out of the MEC's hands. The lack of communication is excruciating...I think even a daily email that says "We don't know anything" would do wonders to ease the frustration.

I think we all can agree that the lack of communication from our MEC is frustrating for us, and I believe inexcusable on their part. However this type of anger that is directed at our MEC is just what the management wants, I just ask that since you cannot change an MEC today, lets stand behind them for now and stay united. When this is over the pilots can vent by voting them out or getting a recall vote started. For now, stay the course!

I think we all can agree that the lack of communication from our MEC is frustrating for us, and I believe inexcusable on their part. However this type of anger that is directed at our MEC is just what the management wants, I just ask that since you cannot change an MEC today, lets stand behind them for now and stay united. When this is over the pilots can vent by voting them out or getting a recall vote started. For now, stay the course!
wise man boomlrd! Could you be the next candidate??

Actually, the MEC/SPSC Chairman has been updating the VARS/sending out fastreads on a roughly 48 hour basis for a couple weeks now......I'm just sayin.

Actually, the MEC/SPSC Chairman has been updating the VARS/sending out fastreads on a roughly 48 hour basis for a couple weeks now......I'm just sayin.

VARS, hello SPA MEC welcome to 1970 when the VARS was the only way to get info. I'd much rather have an email or a message board (sanctioned by the MEC) to get my info, and to ask my questions instead of calling a SPSC rep to ask for info they don't know anyway.

VARS, hello SPA MEC welcome to 1970 when the VARS was the only way to get info. I'd much rather have an email or a message board (sanctioned by the MEC) to get my info, and to ask my questions instead of calling a SPSC rep to ask for info they don't know anyway.

I guess you missed the part about fastreads. That's an email the last time I checked........I'm just sayin.

Latest resources

Back