• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Spineless children of questionable heritage
EDITED: Didn't realize complete title wouldn't fit

Apparently the thread was deleted where Deiterly attempted to cast aspersions on Republican leaders by questioning their patriotism, vis a vis, their military service. Even though the response was an overwqhelming backlash, I doubt he would have been so spineless himself to delete the thread just a few minutes ago, so I must assume that a Moderator removed it based on the offensive word in the title.

So, you ask, why do I bother to bring this up? Well, it's because I failed to bookmark a page that was referenced by a responder to the thread, something along the lines of "Franken Lies." I had read through about a third of them, and wanted to go back and finish up.

If you posted the link, or know of it - - would you please REPOST it here? Thanks !

Last edited:
I think the link you are refering to was
www.frankenlies.com

If we are interested in the actual facts on military service here they are. A list of prominent republicans and democrats as well as their service to our country....John McCain seems to be the only republican with any meaningful service.

http://www.awolbush.com/whoserved.html

I find it interesting that so many hard line right-wingers on this board respond with emotional outbursts or phrases such as "liberal idiots" etc, instead of posting any factual information or convincing arguments.

B1900DFO said:
If we are interested in the actual facts on military service here they are. A list of prominent republicans and democrats as well as their service to our country....John McCain seems to be the only republican with any meaningful service.

http://www.awolbush.com/whoserved.html

I find it interesting that so many hard line right-wingers on this board respond with emotional outbursts or phrases such as "liberal idiots" etc, instead of posting any factual information or convincing arguments.
I find it equally interesting that the "Objective" website you link characterizes a WWII veteran as AWOL because of an interview with a Hollywood movie maker.

I find it even MORE interesting - - no - - ABSURD - - that service in the Guard and Reserves is considered by some like you to be UN-MEANINGFUL. Ask the Guardsmen and Reservists around the world today if they feel like their service is MEANINGLESS. Obviously, you have never served at all.

Looks like your test of "facts" is about as reliable as Franken's.

OH, by the way. Thanks for the link, Dragon!

:)

www.frankenlies.com

heh heh, I was wondering how long it would take for some republican spinmeister/s to come up with something like this. Looks like some folks were stung........truth hurts. Anyway, check out the links to all of those "unbiased" organizations.

Way to go Al!

Tony

You crack me up. When did I say that service in the Guard or the Reserve was meaningless. I think they are priceless to our country. You are so typical of right wingers in that confronted with facts you resort to personal attacks. When I stated that McCain seemed to be the only prominent republican listed with meaningful service I was referencing the fact that nearly every republican was in the "Did not serve" category and George W, while having served in the Guard, decided to ditch his last two years of service. Now I don't find that to be very honorable, do YOU???

I do apologize for missing a couple republican leaders that had some military service (Rumsfield was one) but the thing I find interesting is the overwhelming lack of military service by some of our top republican leaders in comparison to top Democrats. Even more unbelievable is the fact that they are so quick to portray Democracts as unsupportive of the military.

I spent a year and a half in Central America as a "reservist".

I guess the problem I have with this whole thread is the idea that if a politician served, then they are better qualified on military issues.

This is clearly not the case. I have no time for any politician that does not support going after terrorists, the states that sponsor them or have sponsored them or will sponsor them. The fact that Bush will do exactly that gets him my vote. The fact that all the democrats will lay down and toady up[ to the allies of this countries attackers means they will not get my vote, plain and simple.

The dems may have served at one time and that is great, thank you for your service. My question is why has military spending declined in every dem administration since LBJ? Why were attacks against national interests allowed to go with no serious response?

Maybe there is philosophical disagreement over how to deal with violence. I believe you meet it with such resounding force and violence that is almost outside all believability that leaves the attacker wondering what they were thinking messing with you in the first place. I think you will find alot of Al Qaeda leaders in that category at Gitmo these days.

Last edited:
The whole right v. left debate is absurd

Why is that when policies of the right are attacked by the left, the right resorts to name calling, and vice versa. Can anybody tell me the last time a politician from either side that was completely truthful to the American public? Can anybody tell me what President in the last 70 years has reduced federal spending and given more authority to state and local governments, as opposed to having taken it away? Frankly I think the problem is not the individual person that will take office or stays in office, but the fact that the Federal government is so **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** big that one person has little or no chance of stopping the inertia that has been built of spending and getting bigger and bigger. I think I would rather try and find a way to make meaningful changes to the government (and I frankly have no ideas) than worry about the one idividual in the Oval Office for any four year term. Just my 2 cents.

TonyC said:
Spineless children of questionable heritage
EDITED: Didn't realize complete title wouldn't fit

Apparently the thread was deleted where Deiterly attempted to cast aspersions on Republican leaders by questioning their patriotism, vis a vis, their military service. Even though the response was an overwqhelming backlash, I doubt he would have been so spineless himself to delete the thread just a few minutes ago, so I must assume that a Moderator removed it based on the offensive word in the title.

Some months ago, our dear Deiterly make a post that was down-right racist. I made a response basically calling him classless. A few hours later, both his and my response went into internet oblivion but the rest of the thread remained. Supposedly, only a moderator can do that, unless his had been first, then the whole thread could be erased by him. Funny someone can have this much influence, but not contribute a dime according to the latest Fundraiser Stats.

Respectfully,

JayDub

Latest resources

Back