Speeding Ticket

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ifly4food said:
The above is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. There's just as much crime and violence among poor white trash as there is in the ghetto. Shame on you for posting such an ignorant and racist statement. Blacks and Hispanics don't breed crime... poverty and lack of education do.

Ridiculous you say? Then prove me wrong. Why do you think people are poor? This I can't wait to hear, especially from a bleeding heart liberal. Be forwarned, I have facts to back me up and you won't find any.

Poverty and wealth do add to crime but contrasting an anthropologically demographically equal minority sample, you will find that a group of poor whites with poor education compared with poor blacks that are uneducated will enlighten you that they are not even close. The black sample will have double the incarceration rate and parole rate as the whites. Care to bet?

You better chew on these facts first.

White/Black I.Q. differences are constantly excused as results of environmental variations. but at least five studies that have attempted to equate socio-economic backgrounds of the two races indicate no significant change in relative results. As environment improves, the Blacks do better but so do the Whites. The gap is not decreased. (26) In fact, extensive research by DR. G.J. McGurk, associate Professor of Psychology at Villanove University, reveals that the gap in intelligence between Blacks and Whites INCREASES where socio-economic levels of both races are raised to the middle classes.(18)

References...........

(18)McGurk, Frank, "A Scientist's Report on Race Differences." U.S. News and World Report, Sept. 21, 1956. Washington, D.C.

(26)Shuey, Audrey H., The Testing of Black Intelligence, Social Science Press, New York, 1966

This is just a small taste and it is beneath me to reveal further unpleasent but true facts contrasting your misguilded understanding of their plight.

I wish no harm or malice but simply wish to set the record straight with published facts in recognized studies and journals, if you wish to pursue this, I will post these facts with credible references that may offend some. Be it as you wish, just let me know.

I offer only a challenge that has yet to be met except by you and all you had to support your argument was an excuse, typical of a generation X individual. I implore you to show me I am wrong, please do, I hope you can.

Last edited:
Vavso said:
they ask to do a consent search... you say no than they summon the drug dog to your location and it hits on the ounce of weed in the glove box game over
I think that as part of getting a license you should give the right to a consent search of your car as you do when it comes to taking a breathalyzer .
FYI :in new york marijuana in the car is presumed to be the owners and in small quantities only a violation however other contaaband drugs and a firearm are presumed to be held by all the occupants bottom line - you need to know who your passengers are !!
What do you have to hide anyway ??? vavso
Yes, I agree with you Vavso. If you have nothing to hide...you should submit to 45 minutes of having your car searched for drugs. After all, the people are here to serve the whims of government and the US Constitution is not worth of anything more than vavso having something to wipe his pooper with.

A consent search takes .....

about 5-10 minutes its wheeling and dealing to get the consent that takes time. I guess you believe in "black helicopters" too Vavso

dmspilot00 said:
Have you ever driven on I-95? If you go the speed limit you'll be dead before you know it.

Or I-4 in Florida, if your not doing at least 80-85mph your dead.

I was in a small NH town with FLA plates. I got stopped a few times, no tickets, just checking me out then a verbal warning for "speeding"

In the end, its what you drive. A sh*t box civic with a wing will get stopped more often than my silver '00 Camry.

Vavso said:
about 5-10 minutes its wheeling and dealing to get the consent that takes time. I guess you believe in "black helicopters" too Vavso

Whether the SEARCH is OBTAINED via Consent or Warrant, the SEARCH should take time and be thorough. HOW it is obtained should not dictate the length of the search.

If I spent 15 minutes getting conset, I am not gonna spend only 5 minutes searching

satpak77 said:
Whether the SEARCH is OBTAINED via Consent or Warrant, the SEARCH should take time and be thorough. HOW it is obtained should not dictate the length of the search.

If I spent 15 minutes getting conset, I am not gonna spend only 5 minutes searching
That's fine...like the guy said, his search took 45 minutes.

I don't really have a problem with what you do after I don't give consent...because I didn't waive my rights. Which ultimately means that I still have recourse on Monday morning after all is said and done. If a person gives consent, they can never contest the legality of the search.

I can honestly say that I have given consent to search my car twice. In one case I was 16 and didn't know any better and the Richmond cop was harasing me. I think this Richard Head thought he was going to find something and was big time disapointed after the search. He was digging in my ashtray like bear in trout stream, the jerk. His reason for stopping me was pretty unreal as well. Once again, bored cop, 11:30 pm at night, dumb kid in car. I drove away from that traffic stop, confused and pissed off...but no traffic citation was issued.

The second time I had my car searched by consent, was when I was leaving the factory on my last night of working there before heading to flight school. I had an old brick of fireworks in the car and I was stripping off rows of firecrackers, lighting them and tossing them out the window on the way to my going away party. I was literally driving the car with my knee and launching salvo after salvo....bam, bam, blammity blam. It was a hoot.

So I get pulled over in the parking lot of the tavern of the going away party and I put the car in park, shut the ignition off, put the keys on the dash and put my hands out the window. When the cop walks up and shines the light in my eyes, I go..."Hey, I'm sorry I did such a stupid thing, but it's my last night at the salt mine and I'm letting loose before going out of town to school!"

He gets a little more relaxed and looks in my car from the outside and I hand him the remaining brick of firecrackers. He says, "if you check out, you'll walk...let me see your driver's lic."

He goes back to the car and radios it in, then comes up and asks if he can search the car. I got nothing to hide so he does the interior search, then yacks on the radio for a second, then asks to see in the trunk. I let him look and all that's in there is 500 rounds of .357 ammo that had come loose from the boxes, carpeting the trunk floor with a sea of nickle. He didn't say a word and shut the trunk. He then says, "have a seat in the car."

While I'm sitting there, the SGT pulls up and he knows me pretty well...I tipped quite a few drinks with the guy at parties and the bars and knew him on daily basis in a previous life. He pulls up window to window with me and says, "When I your name on the radio, I thought we were going to see an UZI tonight!" I had to laugh...I'll never forget that.

The SGT goes up and talks to the patrolman and next thing you know, I'm in the bar enjoying my going away party...minus the brick of firecrakers, no citation.

What has changed since then? Well, I'm not a dumb kid anymore and I don't drive around doing stupid stuff like throwing firecrackers out of my car. Also, there are times when I keep US Treasury Department tax paperwork in my trunk along with items that paperwork authorizes me to possess. If the Treasury department or agencies under them wants to see my stuff, they are more than welcome to come on over and bring the doughnuts, I'll put the coffee on and we'll have a look see...because it's all good. In fact, they know what's going on, they signed the paperwork.

On the other hand, if some uneducated flat foot thinks he's going to look back there in my trunk and have his way with my Tax returns and items that cost more than 1.5 his annual salary without a subpoena, he's going to have get there without my permission, cause I ain't waiving nothing.

nptguy said:
This sucks! I just finshed college I'm leaving Ole miss for good in less than 9 hours and I get a speeding tix. Jerk would not let me off for speeding down some back road that I had never even been on knowing that I was leaving for good the next morn . Took them 45 min to search my car for drugs. well venting helped a little. Back to sunny Long Island tommorrow am

you're boned.

hehe, I got nabbed for going 82 driving home from Seattle on a prominent highway in Oregon last week.

Anyone who lives there or has been through the state can tell you about how fast I was going over, lets just say it was 15 < .

:eek:

The cop actually let me off with a warning because, by his own admittance, they drive "a helluva lot slower here than they do in Idaho" it probably didn't hurt that I had a record that was cleaner than crystal.

He said he really just wanted compliance out of me and you better believe my needle got near 65 from that point forward.

I was lucky though because a ticket that size is the LAST thing I need to have.

If by some wierd chance you read this, a big THANK YOU Sgt. Dalton, I owe you one.

Latest resources

Back