Speeding Ticket

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
nptguy said:
The only thing I will say in my defense is that it was a VERY rural road.

If ya spend much time in the South, you learn precisely why it's not a good idea to speed in those circumstances. My Dad completely totaled a new '65 Chevy PU when he came across a black angus bull in the middle of the road in exactly the same circumstances. A co-worker recently did the same to his Camry.

Nowadays, you're just as likely to come across a old couch some lazy flake just left in the road. Or in my case, two years ago, a junk car frame ditched during the night, in the middle of the road by some flake who didn't want to pay to have it hauled off....

:rolleyes:

23 years since my last traffic ticket.....

psysicx said:
You won't win if you sue them for searching your car without permission.
Actually, you won't have to go all the way to the point of seeing them in court...they'll probably write a check a week after the deposition hearing, long before a civil trial is scheduled.

When you cash the check (which is tax free, by the way), you'll have fond memories of when the assistant prosecuting attorney stormed out of the deposition with the cop in tow, whilst the assistant prosecutor throws a manilla file at you uttering, "Mr. XYZ, we're not paying you one thin red dime!"

nptguy said:
The only thing I will say in my defense is that it was a VERY rural road. People who have been on theses types of roads in the south know what I mean, over growen brush on both side of the road, PITCH BLACK and i nthe middle of no where. I dont recall even seeing a speed limit sign. The only reason I was down there was to help my roommate move his TV in his new house.

Hmm...overgrown edges, PITCH BLACK, yeah you should be speeding on that road. Damn the farmer that steps out onto the road. It's PITCH BLACK so you couldn't see anything, you're not responsible for it.

It's a speed LIMIT for a reason. If you are going 1 MPH over it, you are breaking the law. It doesn't matter if everybody does it, it doesn't matter if they usually don't pull you over, it doesn't matter that it was only 1 MPH, the LIMIT was below where you were at and you were illegal. It being a poorly lit road is another mark against you, not for you. The only person you have any right to be mad at is yourself. Stop blaming others for YOUR screw up and admit that you were wrong. Grow a pair and take some responsibility.

Ralgha said:
dang the farmer that steps out onto the road. It's PITCH BLACK so you couldn't see anything, you're not responsible for it.

It's a
He didn't say he was driving with his lights out...uber dorkster.

FN FAl, your posts are cool! I like reading the stuff you write!

Speeding ticket, we all get one at some point in time, the problem is they never catch the real people who constantly speed. Ok, example, 100 plus motorcycle riders. Hello! Wake up cops!

I have been stopped for so called speeding, and I got off always. With the exception of route 80 near Lycoming, Pa. I was doing 81 according to the ticket in a 70 mile zone? I never got a moving violation, I didn't have glasses on and never a blemish on my record, the female cop wrote on the ticket "failure to see posted sign" must wear glasses. I paid it the next day it was around 100 bucks for my inconvenience.

I normally keep up with traffic even if it is 10 miles over. I don't even like to speed and then they never give tickets for people who are "slowing" in the road.
How long does the speeding ticket stay on your record? Is it 7 years? Like bad credit?

The radar guns are NOT ALWAYS CORRECT EITHER. It is their gun against your word, but most normal people go 10 miles over the limit.

MissKittyKat!

If you not riding high in the sky your not having fun!

FN FAL said:
He didn't say he was driving with his lights out...uber dorkster.

What, I'm a dork for not accepting excuses for breaking the law? Even if he had his high beams on, it's still reduced visibility and more ammo for the cops, not less.

Ralgha said:
What, I'm a dork for not accepting excuses for breaking the law? Even if he had his high beams on, it's still reduced visibility and more ammo for the cops, not less.
You gotta give me grief for using the UBER thing...I been beating on posters for using it for a long time. :) In fact, I'm an UBER UBER dorkster for using it..hahaha.

Sorry about calling you a dorkster...you're not. It was just a glib remark.

But back to the issue...if you were to step out in front of a car on a very dark night when you had a chance to see the car coming, you'll be dead. 1 over or 15 over...fun is fun and done is done.

The driver might get something out of the deal, he might not. We have a bike lane along side a county trunk that I use in morning for going to work. Every morning I see this bycyclist on that bike lane at exactly the same time every morning...I try to keep an eye out for the guy, but I worry for his safety because of all the other idiots I see driving on that road.

But anyway, I degress...here's a true story from the GRB files. Lady is driving a car and her BAC is over the limit for DUI. Pedestrian is walking with BAC as well. Pedestrian steps out in front of car driven by the soon to be DUI lady and is killed. Guess what happened?

I love all the self rightous pricks on this board as if they are all perfect. Laws in many counties and cities are just revenue generators and nothing else. The worst criminals in my hood are the cops, Chicago is notorious for indicting the highest percentage of their force second only to New Orleans. I speed, on average, 20 over and since I built my 1100 HP Supra, I haven't had a ticket.

The reason street bikes don't get tickets is simple, ever try catching one? One of the dumbest things I here from people is you can't out run a motorola, you wanna bet? They have to see you to catch you, don't ask how I know but in my younger and more reckless years I had little to no respect for the law. Not much has changed where I live either, but now I at least just go with the flow of traffic which on 294 is well over 80.

I would not ever entertain the thought of flying professionally, so I could give a sh!t less what the FAA thinks about anything. I do however loath those idiots the break FAR's that do matter, like TFR's ans ADIZ incursions, all this will do is make it impossible to enjoy the freedoms we have left. Flying IFR in cloud without a clearence is another pet peave or any FAR violation that could make the news or kill an innocent person. I have been lucky like everyone else on this board to escape death many times for doing dumb things, I just can't stand people that think they are safe by driving 55 when traffic flow is 80, they are the ones that should be arrested. Illinois doesn't have a Consealed Weapons Permit where Indiana does, like all states the have CWP's, guess which have the lowest crime rates? I carry and no law is ever going to tell me otherwise. It's justice for all if you have the money. Many may not agree but that's just the way it is.

Nobody bothered to answer my earlier challange either, if you recall I asked if anyone could name one town, city, county, government in the world were blacks moved in and property values didn't plumet and violent crime increased. The reason is you won't find one. You know what country has the highest crime rate? South Africa, this happened as soon as a black leader was elected president after apartheid (sp?).

Look at Haiti, Africa both richer than any place else in natural resources and yet they have the highest crime rate and poorest population in the world. People aren't prejudice, they are just realists. I also think that 1 out of 3 male blacks that are in prison, parole or under house arrest is low, I beleive it's 1 out of 2.

Just the facts, ma 'am!

I employ several blacks and hispanics in my offices, and many of my close freinds are blacks, those that truely are trying to make something of their lives without taking the easy way out, (selling drugs, robbery, ect), I sympathise with. It must suck to be a minority and look at your fellow kind and see what they are doing to themselves, kinda lika like the idiots ruing it for everybody by breaking restricted airspace. It's sad but sometimes people after repetative exposure to negative events associated with a particular group, culture or race will begin to generalize, it's up to those individuals of these groups to change things or things will never change.

Last edited:
1st time getting pulled over was because I was in the middle of nowhere wyoming and my dad was telling me to go faster and sure enough a cop comes around the corner and gets me for 11 over. 66 bucks. That pissed me off... BUT i still payed and just got on with it, im glad they are there though, thats for sure. except when they pull me over, but big kudos and thanks to the cops out there.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back