Speeding Ticket

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TDTURBO said:
Try that sh!t with a Chicago cop and you'll soon find an ounce of blow and a .38 in your back seat, not to mention the forthcoming beating.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking, but not just in the city. The cops in the Burbs are 10X worse about that. You'll find yourself in the Cook or McHenry Co. pokey real quick.

TDTURBO said:
Nobody bothered to answer my earlier challange either, if you recall I asked if anyone could name one town, city, county, government in the world were blacks moved in and property values didn't plumet and violent crime increased. The reason is you won't find one. You know what country has the highest crime rate? South Africa, this happened as soon as a black leader was elected president after apartheid (sp?).

Look at Haiti, Africa both richer than any place else in natural resources and yet they have the highest crime rate and poorest population in the world. People aren't prejudice, they are just realists. I also think that 1 out of 3 male blacks that are in prison, parole or under house arrest is low, I beleive it's 1 out of 2.

Just the facts, ma 'am!

I employ several blacks and hispanics in my offices, and many of my close freinds are blacks, those that truely are trying to make something of their lives without taking the easy way out, (selling drugs, robbery, ect), I sympathise with. It must suck to be a minority and look at your fellow kind and see what they are doing to themselves, kinda lika like the idiots ruing it for everybody by breaking restricted airspace. It's sad but sometimes people after repetative exposure to negative events associated with a particular group, culture or race will begin to generalize, it's up to those individuals of these groups to change things or things will never change.

The above is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. There's just as much crime and violence among poor white trash as there is in the ghetto. Shame on you for posting such an ignorant and racist statement. Blacks and Hispanics don't breed crime... poverty and lack of education do.

WizardPilot said:
1st time getting pulled over was because I was in the middle of nowhere wyoming and my dad was telling me to go faster and sure enough a cop comes around the corner and gets me for 11 over. 66 bucks. That pissed me off... BUT i still payed and just got on with it, im glad they are there though, thats for sure. except when they pull me over, but big kudos and thanks to the cops out there.
Hahaha...yesterday my co-worker told me he got nailed for a 165.00 speeding ticket while driving his chevy blazer. The state boy had instant on radar and my buddy was too busy talking to his passenger to be paying attention to his driving.

I told him there's more to using those things than just plugging em in and waiting for the bleep, but they never listen. He also has deep sixed the notion that he's invisible to radar when he's driving his motorcyle. For some reason, he got it in his head that police radar can't clock motorcycles because of their profile. Duhhhhh!

Last edited:
troy said:
And no, you are not allowed 10mph over the speed LIMIT, that is why it's called a limit. It's like when ATC tells you to "maintain" a certain altitude, you don't get +/- 1000 foot do you?

No, you're right...

It's +/- 300 feet

Sorry, too easy.

Vote4Pedro said:
No, you're right...

It's +/- 300 feet

Sorry, too easy.
Not only was it easy, but he's wrong. The cops do allow 9/10 over, they just had that story on national news about a week ago. And I'd go and look up the california anti-speed trap law again, but after a while you get tired of convincing dorks they are wrong.

Here's some good news...Virginia is giving up photo speed enforcement cameras because they caused accidents. Hahahahaha...the government just wants the money, they don't want you to drive safer...you'd be putting all those government featherbedding democrats out of work if you did.

NO MORE CAMERAS

The state of Virginia has given up its 10-year experiment with using cameras to catch red-light runners. Even though most of the people in the northern part of the state liked the cameras — these are the high-traffic areas in the Washington, D.C., suburbs — the rural folk never accepted the idea. They considered the cameras and their resulting tickets in the mail to red-light runners to be a violation of privacy.

When studies found out that the number of rear-end crashes increased where cameras were used, the project died, even though the studies also showed a decrease in red-light-running "angle" accidents.

Editorializing on the demise of the cameras, The Partnership for Safe Driving (crashprevention.org), said, "... we are reminded once again that trying to enforce traffic laws without ongoing education is a hopeless endeavor, particularly when using technology that is even slightly controversial. We are also reminded that no single problem on the roads today can be solved in isolation."

Monday Motoring Minute will have more on this interesting Web site in the coming weeks.

When I get nabbed for speeding, I just tell them I don't know the speed limit but I feel I'm driving at a "reasonable and prudent speed for the conditions". I'm going to get a ticket anyway so why beat around the bush.

My policy on searches is if they ask, deny permission. If they really want to search my car, they can state their probable cause and call for backup. Oh yeah, I'll state that I hope the tape is running and doesn't get erased.

FN FAL--good posts as usual.TC

Illinois Nazi's, based in the hometown of Mike Alstott, Plainfield, go on a field trip to the North side every year to make fools out of themselves.

The ones that don't go stand on the side of Route 30 and get sh1t throw at them all day long in Joliet by the mall.

It's a great feeling when you douse a big fat bearded Illinois nazi wearing a swastika armband with a crappy 99 cent milk shake from Burger King.

Be nice if Dickhead Daley ordered an army of CPD to arrest em all. Even if it was Illegal, I don't think anyone would care.

psysicx said:
Probable cause is such a loose term. If your acting jumpy then they have cause. You might be upset from getting a ticket but the cop doesn't care he is going to do what he wants.
That's fine. All you have to do is say "I do not grant permission" and then shut up. After that, they can do whatever they want, but they better be prepared for a career altering ride.

Like I said before, if you gave a friend a ride in your car or borrowed someone your car and you don't search it afterwards for contraband, you're the one that's going to be eating the criminal charge.

Sure they can do whatever they want to do after I refuse to give consent...in fact, I pray they do whatever they want to do. However, I am not going to agree to a "covenant not to sue", just because they make it seem like that's the thing I sould do.

Articulable Suspicion - Apparently Twelve Isn't Enough
Payne v. State, A00A0021;2000 WL 868484 (June 30, 2000)
Attorneys, you've got to read the portions of this opinion citing conversation appearing on the video/audio tape made at the stop. Defendant was stopped for following too close. After viewing the video, the Court of Appeals determined that the arresting officer's "twelve articulable suspicions" were a crock. Even Judge Eldridge agreed. Held: Defendant was detained without legal basis and the detention was an unlawful arrest thus rendering the coerced "consensual" search unlawful.
Here's another dumbass that consented...
Articulable Suspicion - Check Your equipment
Navicky v. State, A00A1506; 2000 WL 1006531 (July 21, 2000)
A broken license plate light is sufficient grounds for a traffic stop. Defendant's consent to search allowed the officer to find contraband.

Last edited:
Ok, all of the states need to change the signs, ASAP. New signs will read "Speed Advisory, 65" or "Speed at Drivers Discression" or "Speed About 65".

How about this ...

they ask to do a consent search... you say no than they summon the drug dog to your location and it hits on the ounce of weed in the glove box game over
I think that as part of getting a license you should give the right to a consent search of your car as you do when it comes to taking a breathalyzer .
FYI :in new york marijuana in the car is presumed to be the owners and in small quantities only a violation however other contaaband drugs and a firearm are presumed to be held by all the occupants bottom line - you need to know who your passengers are !!
What do you have to hide anyway ??? vavso

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back