Speed restriction in the 172

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alchemy said:
I got "reduce to final approach speed" a few days ago coming behind another cessna.....citation.

Same thing happened to me a year ago. I was flying a Duchess into KPIE and has to slow down because I was gaining on a Citation. :D

gkrangers said:
That airport is a zoo...Had to holdshort of 14 for 15 minutes (I was #1) before he could fit me in.

Ahh the memories of flying out of Scottsdale Airport!

Patmack18 said:
Ever been to Daytona... I think my record was 43 minutes from startup to taking the active... mostly sitting at Nx waiting to go.

Have a buddy that waited in the lear for 3 hours...number 350 or something in line. But that was leaving JAX after the super bowl

I was asked once if I could slow to 90 kts in a twin otter, I said "yes, I can give you 35 kts if you need it."

JAFI

Last edited:
I thought that a 172 was too slow to give a speed assignment to I've always gotten just a generic slow, or slow as much as praticable.

I've wanted to call them back up with the stall warner going off at 35kts and ask "Is this slow enough for ya?"

Especially on a day with a 40kt headwind.

Last edited:
paulsalem said:
I've wanted to call them back up with the stall warner going off at 35kts and ask "Is this slow enough for ya?"

Especially on a day with a 40kt headwind.

*writing in his notebook*
Thanks! :D

-mini

Latest resources

Back