Southwind Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotyip

I saw an add on 350 for F/O's for a CV-5800 operator out of South Texas, does anyone operate CV-5800's besides IFL. Second IFL rumor, their DA-20's are for sale?

I think that is part of IFL. I talked to one of their crews a couple of years ago and they spelled it out. -kingaira90

Southwinds is essentially an FBO in Port Isabel (KPIL), Texas on the Gulf. Their owners use two of IFL's Convairs and one 727 to cover the southwest US and Mexico. They do all of their own hiring, but the pilots are trained by Gulf & Caribbean (the 121 certificate) by the instructors from PTK. The Southwinds people have a different management style than the IFL management...No, IFL's Falcons aren't for sale.

Glad to hear my old alma mater(IFL) is hanging in there. Tough times right now for Detroit freight.

Last edited:
understatement

Glad to hear my old alma mater(IFL) is hanging in there. Tough times right now for Detroit freight.
If a company doesn't have something besides air freight they have to be in bigtime trouble, There is nothing moving out there. Thank goodness for Gov't contracts.

I saw an add on 350 for F/O's for a CV-5800 operator out of South Texas, does anyone operate CV-5800's besides IFL. Second IFL rumor, their DA-20's are for sale?
SW is looking for a CV F.O. Not a bad gig you are based right by South Padre. As said before you would be trained at PTK then shipped down. And no IFL is not selling the falcons, they seem to be flying more then the CVs

Saw a IFL falcon flying a trip for USA JET yesterday. I believe it was a $35,000 trip. Wait a minute, falcon's don't make money. Must have been a dream.

Saw a IFL falcon flying a trip for USA JET yesterday. I believe it was a $35,000 trip. Wait a minute, falcon's don't make money. Must have been a dream.
but one trip a day does not cover your salary

Latest resources

Back