Southwind Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
but one trip a day does not cover your salary

It's management's JOB to procure new business. Kalitta Charters made their DA-20's worth keeping around. So has Ameristar, Cherry, IFL, and Alliance even recently put another one online.

Sorry, but when a company turns south, it is the Managements fault. That is the chance you take being in that position. Will you ever admit that? Your contradicting yourself here, you claim that there is no big recession on here, but you point the finger at that when you talk about why they parked the Falcons.

I discussed putting the Falcon's on a cash guaranteed contract with you about 6 months ago on the way back to YIP. You shot me down, saying it was a bad idea. I did, and still do think that is the way to go. Across the field they pulled that off.

Quit making excuses for mismanagement. It's starting to sound like the pax airlines blaming their recent downfall on fuel prices. If management had adjusted their ticket prices instead of being scared of being the expensive choice, they wouldn't be hurting. I've been paying UPS a fuel surcharge to s hip a package for years.

USA Jet use to pride itself on diversification, and as far as I can tell they are working on putting all their eggs in one basket now.

You have claimed to be just a "clerk" on here too, and that may be somewhat true. But the truth is that you are a "clerk" that has the power to put a very strong bug into someone's ear. Your smart, and you use that to your advantage, as you should.

You have done alot of things that demand respect in your life. But, there are some things you could use some work on. Compassion and sympathy you could use some work on. Don't tell people that lose their job that it could be the best thing that has ever happened to them the same day that they lost their job. Wait until you see that person in a better place before you say that, even if it could be true. But for everyone, it isn't. It is, however, part of the adventure that we call life. One should try to enjoy it as much as they can, because it doesn't last real long. Observe and learn from the things that happen to you. Also, it's okay to admit you have been wrong before instead of being stubborn and keep arguing a point when it is obvious that you are wrong. It's a big pill to swallow, but you have to be able to say that I was wrong, and laugh at yourself. Humor is a great remedy for tough times. I've been laughing alot lately, mostly at myself.

Last edited:
It's management's JOB to procure new business. Kalitta Charters made their DA-20's worth keeping around. So has Ameristar, Cherry, IFL, and Alliance even recently put another one online.

Sorry, but when a company turns south, it is the Managements fault. That is the chance you take being in that position. Will you ever admit that? Your contradicting yourself here, you claim that there is no big recession on here, but you point the finger at that when you talk about why they parked the Falcons.

I discussed putting the Falcon's on a cash guaranteed contract with you about 6 months ago on the way back to YIP. You shot me down, saying it was a bad idea. I did, and still do think that is the way to go. Across the field they pulled that off.

Quit making excuses for mismanagement. It's starting to sound like the pax airlines blaming their recent downfall on fuel prices. If management had adjusted their ticket prices instead of being scared of being the expensive choice, they wouldn't be hurting. I've been paying UPS a fuel surcharge to s hip a package for years.

USA Jet use to pride itself on diversification, and as far as I can tell they are working on putting all their eggs in one basket now.

You have claimed to be just a "clerk" on here too, and that may be somewhat true. But the truth is that you are a "clerk" that has the power to put a very strong bug into someone's ear. Your smart, and you use that to your advantage, as you should.

You have done alot of things that demand respect in your life. But, there are some things you could use some work on. Compassion and sympathy you could use some work on. Don't tell people that lose their job that it could be the best thing that has ever happened to them the same day that they lost their job. Wait until you see that person in a better place before you say that, even if it could be true. But for everyone, it isn't. It is, however, part of the adventure that we call life. One should try to enjoy it as much as they can, because it doesn't last real long. Observe and learn from the things that happen to you. Also, it's okay to admit you have been wrong before instead of being stubborn and keep arguing a point when it is obvious that you are wrong. It's a big pill to swallow, but you have to be able to say that I was wrong, and laugh at yourself. Humor is a great remedy for tough times. I've been laughing alot lately, mostly at myself.

Nice!!!

Didn't they operate a YS-11 or two recently?

Who? The only YS-11s I know belong to
LaBaTa at Laredo, or TSM down in Saltillo,
and I don't know if TSM has theirs anymore.

Like Ted?

Southwinds in IFL's ultra ego, kinda like TED, United's low cost spin off.

Last edited:

Sorry for the thread drift, but I think you also missed the "You have done alot of things in your life that demand respect part of that."

Latest resources

Back