• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest's new plan to screw Airtran pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly. The fact is that Gary will increase the charges but still allow the First Bag Free, is brilliant.

As much as the Genital like to say we are charging for bags, we won't be. He thinks he found a nugget knocking SW, in reality, it's nothing. Bags are still flying free.

RF

Found a nugget? Like you do every time you check your bed in your room at LBB? Genius move? More like handcuffing himself due to those TV comercials. And if I were you, I would want the company to find as many revenue possibilities as they could before they come to you for handouts. Guess what Red? You're not always the lowest fare out there, and pax are starting to notice. Your profits over the last few years have not been stellar, especially since you don't have the fuel hedge advantage anymore. So, bags are flying free, and you may have to give more back during the next round of negotiations. Fantastic Red! Fantastic!

Bye Bye---General Lee

I was thinking we would release some scope on larger RJs. Kinda like what Delta did. You know, guys flying DC9 size planes at a fraction of the cost at mainline.

Oh wait. We don't have any RJs. Sorry. That's FANTASTIC Genital.

Full Steam Ahead!

Last edited:
I was thinking we would release some scope on larger RJs. Kinda like what Delta did. You know, guys flying DC9 size planes at a fraction of the cost at mainline.

Oh wait. We don't have any RJs. Sorry. That's FANTASTIC Genital.

Full Steam Ahead!

Yeah, you had a bunch of 100 seaters that you will pay more than $100 million to refurbish and then sub lease to DL, and then DL may buy them at the then current list price. What a great deal! Thanks guys. Instead you will continue to fly clunky old 735s and 733s. Awesome. What does GK want to pay you for those coming up here? What would he trade you to keep your higher rates? Good luck with that Red. You may have other, cheaper, people flying your routes soon. Oh wait, you already do. You pay the AT guys less for flying the same planes! Shame on you Red.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yeah, you had a bunch of 100 seaters that you will pay more than $100 million to refurbish and then sub lease to DL, and then DL may buy them at the then current list price. What a great deal! Thanks guys. Instead you will continue to fly clunky old 735s and 733s. Awesome. What does GK want to pay you for those coming up here? What would he trade you to keep your higher rates? Good luck with that Red. You may have other, cheaper, people flying your routes soon. Oh wait, you already do. You pay the AT guys less for flying the same planes! Shame on you Red.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

That's your debate? Haha. Thanks for the laugh General. We are actually saving 300 million a year buy getting rid of the 717, so thank YOU.

When the full AAI integration is complete, those guys from the other terminal that you beat up on for so long will be making MORE than you. And that's FANTASTIC!

Old planes? You fly DC9's. That's funny. Oh, and 80% of our airframes are completely paid off. 3+ billion in the bank. I think we will be okay. And we don't have 10 billion in debt.

Where did this myth come from that the General was rude to AirTran guys prior to the merger? The General has never been anything but friendly to me, for years before the merger was announced. And I can't remember any anti-AirTran posts from him.

That's your debate? Haha. Thanks for the laugh General. We are actually saving 300 million a year buy getting rid of the 717, so thank YOU.

When the full AAI integration is complete, those guys from the other terminal that you beat up on for so long will be making MORE than you. And that's FANTASTIC!

Old planes? You fly DC9's. That's funny. Oh, and 80% of our airframes are completely paid off. 3+ billion in the bank. I think we will be okay. And we don't have 10 billion in debt.

Red,

Congrats! You outsourced some more new flying to people who your airline pays less, for the same plane! Hey, it's cheaper to do it, and SWAPA allows it........unbelievable....

Southwest Airlines Announces New Service Between Denver And San Jose Del Cabo/Los Cabos, Mexico Operated By Airtran Airways

DALLAS, Dec. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- It's already time to put a bow on Spring Break travel plans and set sights South of the Border as Southwest Airlines and wholly owned subsidiary AirTran Airways announced today new international flights between Denver International Airport and SJD Los Cabos International Airport in Baja California, Mexico.
AirTran daily service on the new route begins March 10, 2013, and is open for sale now at both airtran dot com and southwest dot com with introductory fares as low as $189 one-way. These fares must be booked by 11:59 p.m. PST on Jan. 1, 2013, for travel between March 12, 2013, and April 24, 2013 (sale fare valid for travel Tuesdays and Wednesdays). See full fare rules below.

"As we continue preparations to connect the Southwest and AirTran route networks beginning early next year, we are excited to add another nonstop travel option to Mexico alongside our strong portfolio of domestic nonstop service in Denver," said Bob Jordan, Southwest Airlines' Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer and AirTran Airways President. AirTran began nonstop flights between Denver and Cancun in April.

REALLY? How can you have seperate groups, paid differently, on the same equipment, FOR YEARS???? WHY WOULD SWAPA ALLOW THAT? Oh, that's right, it's an "IT problem......." WOW..... And RED is in favor of this??? SWAPA should have been all over this, saying the big NO to seperate payscales. NOT GOOD.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Where did this myth come from that the General was rude to AirTran guys prior to the merger? The General has never been anything but friendly to me, for years before the merger was announced. And I can't remember any anti-AirTran posts from him.

Ty Webb and I used "debate loudly" back after 9-11. But, we became civil well before your SWA merger, or whatever you want to call it.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back