Southwest will not hire flight options or flex jet pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawkerfun

I find this hard to believe. A friend is on the board for hiring at southwest. With flight option/ flex jet getting rid of the union, southwest said no to them. Anyone hired by southwest since the union was gotten rid of? Just wondering

This a surprise to you? The only company in the aviation industry to decertify a union? The sad part is those that supported the union are being penalized as well. No way to prove how one voted. BTW, how is that raise Ricci promised?

With flight option/ flex jet getting rid of the union, southwest said no to them. Anyone hired by southwest since the union was gotten rid of?

If you're saying that Options/Flex pilots hired were summarily dismissed from SWA following union decert at their previous employers, I'd have to see unequivocal proof of that. I must be misreading something in your post. Unions don't do the hiring, companies do. Unions may express opinions but don't have the final say in hiring.

I work for Flexjet and know of at least 3 guys that went to SWA. Hawkerfun does not know what he's talking about. Union's do not have any say in who gets hired. They negotiate themselves into the process for the sole purpose of selling their existence. Beware of these false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves (Union Stewards).

I find this hard to believe. A friend is on the board for hiring at southwest. With flight option/ flex jet getting rid of the union, southwest said no to them. Anyone hired by southwest since the union was gotten rid of? Just wondering

At one point following the decert I think former DAC pilots were 0-16 or 0-18 at WN. I’m sorry. That’s not a coincidence.

However, I have heard of at least one being hired since that run.

Sorry but what are "former DAC pilots" ?

Directional Aviation Capital. The parent company of the Flex/Flops group.

Just to clarify something, the DAC pilot that was terminated from SWA was terminated for a reason other than his union participation, or lack thereof.

Latest resources

Back