• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest upgrade falls to 9 years 7 months

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From an outsider looking in, how long would it take for a new hire to be able to hold MCO as an FO these days after the AirTran merger?
Ever?

Currently the most junior FO in MCO is at 3 years. That will change based on retirements, upgrades and if SWA opens another domicile. Your guess is as good as mine.

Freddy-

Regarding TTGA (Ty's Trip Give Away)-

You can give away parts of your trip, which makes some trips easier to give away. You can break down the trip leg by leg, if you want. I seem to have pretty good luck splitting a trip as it goes through a base, or between a base and a commuting city.

One of the flaws in the TTGA system is that trips you give up only display for the base the trip originated in. So, if you wanted to split a PHX trip in DAL on day 2, only PHX people will see it, unless a DAL guy happens to check PHX TTGA.

Hope that helps.

Ty

Last edited:
Don't let facts get in the way of a good story!

I submitted a long-term leave request right after AirTran shut down. The company waited nearly two months to deny it, just a few days before class. The timing was entirely their doing.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good story!

I submitted a long-term leave request right after AirTran shut down. The company waited nearly two months to deny it, just a few days before class. The timing was entirely their doing.

Wait a sec, didn't you boast that you were never going to cross over? Turns out you were begging the same company you insulted on a daily basis for a favor so you could not work for them, but work another job for daddy? The reason your ridiculous request took so long to be denied was they probably couldn't stop laughing.

I'm not sure where you idiots get this idea that you owe some sort of loyalty or respect to an employer. It's a business relationship, nothing more. You provide your labor in exchange for a compensation package.

I know I've got a lot to learn bein new and all...but what type of trips are you able to drop in elitt? I've put weekday trips, both 3 and 4 days, starting on a tues, with no PIN#, no cell to call, yet there they sit. I was told the weekday trips were the most desirable. Are the AM or PM's easiest to give away?

It also could be that many FO's are playing the Premium game. Lately, there have been FO's that made more than Captains on the same 3 day trip. TTGA is at its best during the winter months, when lines go thin and there is hardly any Premium to get in on.

I'm not sure where you idiots get this idea that you owe some sort of loyalty or respect to an employer. It's a business relationship, nothing more. You provide your labor in exchange for a compensation package.

You are the true definition of the Yiddish word, 'mashugana'.

I hope you have this HEAVILY HIGHLIGHTED at your current workplace. Remember, those people working for you owe you nothing. Maybe we should get them all together and start a Union to make sure you really are looking out for their rights.

Latest resources

Back