Southwest Uniform Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So there really not line pilots?

They are line pilots, they are just the "know it all types". The "check FO" is just a name given to those types of guys that will eventually be the bid avoidance captains.

The shirts sold by our uniform provider at the SWA training center are typical of the airline business (and the rest of America, really) because they're cut for someone with an enormous gut. I have to get them taken in on the sides to prevent the "I'm wearing a tent look."

I wear a red/white/blue flag print bought off of ebay for $4.

Now I know were the Cheap Captain's sell their ties with last weeks dinner on it, if you sniff it well, It smells like Spaghetti from ISP :)

KBB

Like my FA wife says "Beware of Cheap Pilots!"

Must be some betting going on in the secret Captain hangout where us FO's are not allowed to go (they disappear every flight and come back later and no one knows where they go!

KBB I know where they go. It's a secret place called CaptainLand. I think they get free popcorn, and old newspapers there.

KBB I know where they go. It's a secret place called CaptainLand. I think they get free popcorn, and old newspapers there.

No, mostly we just walk around to keep our BP under control and to give you young pups a chance to work your magic with the A Flt Attendant. Of course, since that's more often than not some guy named Lucas or Lance or (not Matt) Matthew, it isn't quite as necessary for us to disappear now. But tradition's tradition, so the vanishing act continues. :laugh:

PW

This is a phenomena at our airline as well. They just disappear and then reappear just in time to push. Usually with a cup of Starbucks. It must be something that is taught in Captains charm school.

I think the blazer thing is a little overblown. I have met plenty of great guys who are as laid back as any in and out of the cockpit who chose to wear the blazer. At least in the base I fly out of. The hat may be another story.

Ok Trannies,

Some of you will have to jerk gear for me. However here are some of the things I'll do to make your job easier:

1) I can take care of the walk-around at anytime.

2) I know how to set up the cockpit and can/will do it anytime you need a break.

3) I bring enough $$$ for the crew to have a long lasting night of adult beverages.

4) Send you on a terminal scouting trip to keep your blood flowing.

5) Rarely, if ever, touch any of the dials, selectors, buttons, knobs, indicators, levers, switches that you would normally control. Unless you ask me to...

6) Buy food for you 50% of the time (if not greater).

7) Make sure to jump in if any other Captain gets on your @ss about ANYTHING (including Check Airmen).

8) Help you to understand the wacky way SWA does things!

Now hurry up and get over here, we need you to help us take over the world!!!!

Just don't wear the blazer or hat. If you do I'll be worried about you.

Latest resources

Back