• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Uniform Leather jacket

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Could have upgraded months ago if I wanted to commute, sit on reserve, and make even less than I am now. Does that sound enticing to you?

Agreed.

Twenty from the top, or twenty from the bottom? Hmmm. :rolleyes:

If you only have one wife, it's a pretty easy call.

;)

It's not really "earning". It's doing the time as an FO at SWA vs being acquired and integrated by SWA...poor choice of words...

I was "acquired and integrated by SWA" also. Never senior enough to upgrade at AT. I have about 1700 pilots between me and the most junior captain and there are 1600 pilots senior to me retiring in the next 10 years. Simple math says it will likely be another 10+ years before I can hold captain. I've been at SWA since 2012. Can I call it "earning my 4th stripe" after potentially 13+ years as a SWA FO? Or am I forever "one of those AT guys"? Just curious...

Ask the OSW you jumped in front of....

That makes just as much sense as the FO you're flying with telling you that you stole his seat.

Get over it, MJ. Get back on your meds, or take some time off to find your happy place. You must be a real joy to fly with. :erm:

Captain, most FATs are not idiots, you represent the minority...back on subject,,,,are you sporting that snappy turkish leather jacket this winter...?

Captain, most FATs are not idiots, you represent the minority...back on subject,,,,are you sporting that snappy turkish leather jacket this winter...?

Yes, but only Tuesday-Thursday, so you may never get a chance to be dazzled by its rich, Corinthian goatskin.

:D

Well given rate we are upgrading the FATs and the explosive growth Plus the fancy new track jacket I agree

The SWA FO's who upgraded in the past two years where waiting for approx. eight years for the chance to upgrade, you don't hear them complaining about the time they had to wait. They were all thankful for the opportunity to upgrade and not all took it as they had more quality of life as a senior FO.

Avg "wait" for RSW upgrade was 9.5 years during the transition....almost all upgrades now are going to FATs...

Latest resources

Back